Daddy Needs Your Help...

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 1200 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE:

with the new forum layout, "donate" doesn't seem to be readily visible at the top of the forum at the moment.....

donation information here:

https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/the-data-are-what-the-data-are.126213/

https://www.companyofmen.org/help/donate/

but I still just drop some cash in a greeting card and mail it to the address in the link above......

Edited by azdr0710

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI, the front page of the review site today....

I've reached the end of the rope and I've tied a knot on the end of it. I will be able to cover most of the May expenses but have effectively no reservers left for April. To continue on will require the help of the many angels that benefit from this site.

If this site has been of use to you, please consider helping to rebuild my reserves so that I can continue the work that has become a labor of love for me. I don't work well in social settings however I do work well working with computers and it's very satisfying to be able to help others in this minor way.

I've used most of my reserves to pay rent. My reserves are now at the 4% level and I may need to use that to pay bills. Paying bills in priority order. Any help is appreciated. The How to Donate Page is here.

FYI, the front page of the review site today....

Thanks for posting this.

Sent $100.

FYI to anyone this is relevant to I used to use the bill pay/auto pay function of my primary bank (B of A) to send donations, which ultimately involved a check being mailed to the WinkWink physical address. This is the first time I used the Zelle transfer function using the email (webmaster@winkwinknodnod.net) and it was a pleasant surprise how much less clunky it was. It told me before I hit send that the recipient's bank was in the network, and then I got an immediate confirmation in my checking account. Much preferable on my end (and I'd guess on the receiving end) than the paper check method.

My guess is that anyone with a major bank that uses Zelle can do it that way. I had an unrelated experience this past week (with a tenant) where they used my bank checking account number (even in the same bank, Chase) to send a payment, and it generated a paper check that just took longer and was confusing. Then they tried the email or phone number approach and it worked easily and immediately.

I would encourage everyone to give and use the email option or phone option if your bank allows it. I think it's easy, and immediate.

My guess is that anyone with a major bank that uses Zelle can do it that way... I would encourage everyone to give and use the email option or phone option if your bank allows it. I think it's easy, and immediate.

You're assuming anyone I know would have any money to send to anyone.

That's not a joke.

Edited by samhexum

if you enjoy this forum and/or benefit from it in any way, please consider donating.....this is the best forum of its kind.....think about what you may've learned from it - practical advice, money-saving ideas, helpful news - and what that may be worth to you......

it's very easy to donate, despite some of the complicated-sounding methods.....I myself put cash right into a 99-cent Trader Joe's greeting card and send it to the address in the "donate" link below......note your handle in the card so you can receive recognition (the 'thumbs-up' icon at left)

https://daddysreviews.com/donate

Edited by azdr0710

it's very easy to donate, despite some of the complicated-sounding methods.....I myself put cash right into a 99-cent Trader Joe's greeting card and send it to the address in the "donate" link below......note your handle in the card so you can receive recognition (the 'thumbs-up' icon at left)

Same thing I do. Send cash in a card, no return address, just sign my forum name. As can be seen by the thumbs up, he gets 'em.

Edited by bashful