ON paid out in Pennies

VictorPowers
This topic is 2107 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of you inquiring minds, my ON rate converts to 826 lbs. of pennies. What you shall do with this information, I’m unsure.. but there you go!

So are you refering to copper pennies (145 in a pound), copper plated zinc (181 in a pound) or steel pennies (168i n a pound)? Please be more specific, the math is keeping me up at night...what to do with all those wakeful hours... :p

So are you refering to copper pennies (145 in a pound), copper plated zinc (181 in a pound) or steel pennies (168i n a pound)? Please be more specific, the math is keeping me up at night...what to do with all those wakeful hours... :p

I am referring to the 1982-present penny which weighs 2.5g. Side note, if someone would like to pay with steel pennies, I’d gladly accept them at face value :D The same goes for any silver coins

I sometimes pay in cash and when I do I of course get quarters in change (things are changing however as places only take credit/debit cards). Whenever I do, I put any quarter I get in change in a Buddha coin jar someone gave me. I have been doing this for years and figure it should add up to a lot over time.

Modern pennies are a combination of a few metals. The amount of copper is very little. I do like your ingenuity though Tarte

You are right, it would not be worth it:

150,000 pennies is ...

Metal: Pounds --> Value(USD)

Copper: 20.668 lbs --> $58.839

Manganese: 0.00 lbs --> $0.00

Nickel: 0.00 lbs --> $0.00

Zinc: 806.07 lbs --> $976.79

Total = $1,035.63

• 2 weeks later...

Geez, currency and commodity exchange rates? Too much math. I'm going to lean expressive rather than exacting here.

One of the best tips I ever got back in my stripping days came from this youngish guy with some type of developmental disability (I'm guessing) who wandered in with this wild-eyed, I-can't-believe-what-I'm-doing look on his face suggesting that he had only been able to sneak off to the strip club after, perhaps, giving his group-home field trip chaperone the slip. In any event, when I hopped off the stage and onto his lap to give him a little up-close dance, he grinned so wide that I thought the top of his head might fall off.

His attention stayed pretty much laser-focused on me as I did my bump-and-grind routine, but every so often, he'd pause, furrow up his brows, and plunge his hands into his pockets, only to pull them back out after a short moment of rooting around so as to shove a sweaty fistful of change into my boot. Normally, on all but the slowest nights, anything less than a twenty was not likely get me to stay around very long, but this guy would flash me an upwards glance and expression that, I swear, was straight out of Oliver Twist. How could I say no? I wound up staying on his lap for about half of my set.

So, the market exchange rate for all those coins shoved into my boot circa the early 90s? Who knows; maybe a coffee and a pack of gum. Having the opportunity to try to give this guy the ride of his life? Priceless.

tl;dr -- Mark 12:41-44 + lapdance = YAY!

Geez, currency and commodity exchange rates? Too much math. I'm going to lean expressive rather than exacting here.

One of the best tips I ever got back in my stripping days came from this youngish guy with some type of developmental disability (I'm guessing) who wandered in with this wild-eyed, I-can't-believe-what-I'm-doing look on his face suggesting that he had only been able to sneak off to the strip club after, perhaps, giving his group-home field trip chaperone the slip. In any event, when I hopped off the stage and onto his lap to give him a little up-close dance, he grinned so wide that I thought the top of his head might fall off.

His attention stayed pretty much laser-focused on me as I did my bump-and-grind routine, but every so often, he'd pause, furrow up his brows, and plunge his hands into his pockets, only to pull them back out after a short moment of rooting around so as to shove a sweaty fistful of change into my boot. Normally, on all but the slowest nights, anything less than a twenty was not likely get me to stay around very long, but this guy would flash me an upwards glance and expression that, I swear, was straight out of Oliver Twist. How could I say no? I wound up staying on his lap for about half of my set.

So, the market exchange rate for all those coins shoved into my boot circa the early 90s? Who knows; maybe a coffee and a pack of gum. Having the opportunity to try to give this guy the ride of his life? Priceless.

************* tl;dr -- Mark 12:41-44 + lapdance = YAY!

The angel of your dreams will give you a big, wet French kiss in heaven for this. Unfortunately, mine would not be worth as much otherwise I would.

I have a large glass tray on my dresser that gets all of my pocket change. I have a modest coin collection, so I want to see if I find a Mercury dime or a wheat penny in the mix before rolling them up and taking them to the bank. Well, it seems that I ignored my coin collection for a couple of years as when I went to the bank the last time, I had over $500 in change to deposit.

I sometimes pay in cash and when I do I of course get quarters in change (things are changing however as places only take credit/debit cards).

Even though currency is "legal tender for all debts public and private?" How odd that they would rather give CC companies money instead of keep it for themselves.

Oops! TBT is correct. Should have googled before typing. Sorry about that.

Since forever I've been of the (mistaken) belief that only the old silver and gold coins were designated as legal tender.

Guess there's still room for this old fart to learn new stuff.

Now if I could just figure out how to keep my computer software up to date. Sigh.

Oops! TBT is correct. Should have googled before typing. Sorry about that.

Since forever I've been of the (mistaken) belief that only the old silver and gold coins were designated as legal tender.

Guess there's still room for this old fart to learn new stuff.

Now if I could just figure out how to keep my computer software up to date. Sigh.

One of the few things that I have been right about. :oops::)