London Spy

foxy
This topic is 1373 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

London Spy also starred the talented Charlotte Rampling who was the biotch girl friend of Lynn Redgrave in the 1960's classic flick Georgy Girl.

I'm always happy to see Ben Whishaw doing things that require him to show more of his impressive talent than is called for in his role in the James Bond flicks.

• 1 year later...

Everyone knows I am always behind on everything. Just joined streaming Netflix and started this series. Started watching this series and so far (4 episodes) I have really enjoyed it. Everything is as talked about above. Whishaw is great and I really like seeing Jim Broadbent in the type of role you don't usually see him in. Charlotte Rampling is uniformly cold and creepy. The only thing is that it always gives me thoughts about the understate in the US, particularly in these times.

• 6 months later...

Charlotte Rampling played a similar character on Dexter a couple years before London Spy; kind of creepy scary woman who raised a child in an, ahem, unusual way. She played the doctor who helped raise Dexter and develop Harry's Code.

I was really hoping, during the last episode, that Alistair/Alex had survived and was in America.

I finished this series a month ago. It was great. Jim Broadbent is always a draw. Edward Holcroft is easy to watch and @Lucky go back to the first episodes. The sex scenes between him and Ben Wishaw May be soft core but worthy. And then for comparison check out Holcroft as Arthur Kinnaird in The English Game on Netflix. Quite a talent. Sexy even in a three piece suite.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished this series a month ago. It was great. Jim Broadbent is always a draw. Edward Holcroft is easy to watch and @Lucky go back to the first episodes. The sex scenes between him and Ben Wishaw May be soft core but worthy. And then for comparison check out Holcroft as Arthur Kinnaird in The English Game on Netflix. Quite a talent. Sexy even in a three piece suite.

Thanks, @g56whiz for suggesting that I return to the beginning. I did and have now watched 4 episodes. Liked them all.

I started watching the series again. Perhaps just to be able to take a gander at the ass of the guy Wishaw picks up and fucks in the first episode of the series. Well worth it. :p While "soft core" as noted above, it certainly sparked my imagination.

Is that All it sparked?