Do You Like Yogurt?

Avalon
This topic is 2154 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I love it, and up until recently, would have full fat yogurt every morning as part of my breakfast.

I stopped cold turkey six months ago in an attempt to lower my cholesterol numbers.

I'm hoping that choice, along with the choice to avoid butter, will shave a few points off my numbers.

I'll find out tomorrow!

I love it, and up until recently, would have full fat yogurt every morning as part of my breakfast.

I stopped cold turkey six months ago in an attempt to lower my cholesterol numbers.

I'm hoping that choice, along with the choice to avoid butter, will shave a few points off my numbers.

I'll find out tomorrow!

Good Luck!

Edited by Avalon

over the last couple days, I've added Trader Joe's European Style Organic Plain Whole Milk yogurt to cooked whole wheat pasta in place of some kind of sour cream or similar addition.....very nice alternative.....being "smooth and creamy" (as the label says), it mixes very well into the hot pasta....sugar count seems lower than most yogurt, protein count is good, and healthy fat is not bad for you!

http://www.traderjoesreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/european-style-organic-whole-milk-yogurt.jpg

I have a Dannon Light and Fit every weekday morning along with a banana buttered with peanut butter On weekends I allow my self a buttered bagel or toast. Last year I played around making my own Greek yogurt and I used it to make Ambrosia with different fruits and honey or aguave to sweeten it a bit. It was always a favorite with guests after a holiday meal or BBQ.

over the last couple days, I've added Trader Joe's European Style Organic Plain Whole Milk yogurt to cooked whole wheat pasta in place of some kind of sour cream or similar addition.....very nice alternative.....being "smooth and creamy" (as the label says), it mixes very well into the hot pasta....sugar count seems lower than most yogurt, protein count is good, and healthy fat is not bad for you!

http://www.traderjoesreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/european-style-organic-whole-milk-yogurt.jpg

That does sound good but do you flavor it with something else as far as herbs, etc.