Autoerotica

Moondance

The 1935 Rolls Royce Phantom. Possibly the most beautiful car I have ever laid my eyes on.

Sorry...no nekked boys. ;)

http://images.gizmag.com/gallery_lrg/rrjonckheere-7.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CRtza_ZGnAk/ULTxK_41fMI/AAAAAAAAAZ0/d04wuP5wRgk/s1600/1935-Rolls-Royce-Phantom.jpg

This 1935 Rolls Royce Phantom is known as the "Round Door" because of the shape of the doors. It is owned by and displayed in the Petersen Automobile Museum in Los Angeles and appears regularly at major antique automobile shown around the country. It is a Pebble Beach Best in Show Winner and consistently wins First in Class and Best in Show trophies whenever and wherever it is shown. It is truly an impressive car to see and hear run.

This 1935 Rolls Royce Phantom is known as the "Round Door" because of the shape of the doors. It is owned by and displayed in the Petersen Automobile Museum in Los Angeles and appears regularly at major antique automobile shown around the country. It is a Pebble Beach Best in Show Winner and consistently wins First in Class and Best in Show trophies whenever and wherever it is shown. It is truly an impressive car to see and hear run.

Yes...that is where I saw it, at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, but according to the article below, it did not win 'Best in Show' in 05. Regardless, it was a crowd favorite, and will forever be top of my list.

"Peterson debuted the stunning Rolls at the 2005 Pebble Beach Concours where its questionable providence got in the way of its unquestionable elegance. If the Pebble Beach judges would have understood that nothing is born perfect, this car likely would have taken Best in Class or maybe even Best in Show. As a consolidation prize, it did win the Lucius Beebe Trophy for the finest Rolls-Royce and became a favorite of many at the show. It has since been seen at various other Concours events such as Meadowbrook and Ameila Island."

List of "Best in Show" at Pebble Beach Concours d' Elegance

This was a fun link...

Edited by bigvalboy