Crab Benedict

Avalon
This topic is 2175 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/crab-benedict-recipe-1953053

I had not heard of this before. On the recent episode of "MasterChef" the contestants had to prepare this dish.

It sounds good!

I have often had delicious crab benedict which was much simpler than the Paula Deen recipe linked in the above post. It consisted of a toasted, buttered English muffin half, topped by a pre-prepared crab cake, topped by a soft poached egg, topped by a rich hollandaise sauce. DELICIOUS!!!

I am addicted to many egg benedicts though: Salmon (smoked) benedict, Turkey/avocado benedict, ham benedict, etc., etc. A well prepared benedict (with the hollandaise sauce being the most important ingredient!) is what my breakfast/brunch wet dreams consist of! ;););) Now I'm hungry for a delicious egg benedict!!! LOL! :)

TruHart1 :cool:

Love crab benedict - esp. with lump crab (fresh) meat. Not such a fan of the version with crab cake unless the crab cakes are spectacular out of the benedict.

Simple to make. The hollandaise is especially easy if you think of the ingredients - egg yolk (simple to separate), butter, lemon juice (preferably. fresh).

Melt butter gently, whisk in egg yolks and lemon juice over very low flame. If separates to early, place in freezer for a few minutes to cool and whisk again.

My proportions: (simply for my taste)

1 stick of butter

6 egg yolks (you can do less but . . . Why?)

Juice of 1 lemon (again, my taste)

Think about a few capers on top or, even better, a few caper berries (giant capers)

Enjoy!

For those who can eat asparagus, a couple of crispy spears are wonderful. Alas, you do not want to be around me if I eat them - I am a secreter!