411 on spa 27

Marcjr69er

2 hours ago, sulika said:

Had a session at the 166 location last Sunday evening with Kareem. I was not impressed, maybe I went late and they were eager to close and go home. I don’t think I will go for Kareem again. I am going to try the new location at 105 next time and report back.

I'll be visiting Spa 27 this week, thank you for the heads up.

With all these variations on tipping protocol, I only feel sympathy for these young masseurs who go into every session with absolutely NO idea how either their technical skills or "extra" skills will be rewarded.  It's a total crap shoot for them.

And I'd venture to guess that for every great tip, there are 2 lousy ones every day.  It's gotta be difficult to stay energized or interested in that scene for very long and the turnover rates prove it.  

If you're expecting quality from these spas, your generosity is the only way they'll flourish.  

Edited by topunderachiever

If you expect quality to improve in these spas,  the owner should charge more for the massages to usual and customary levels, pay the masseurs a lot more, provide adequate training and feedback.  Handouts rarely work. There would be no incentive to improve if you're getting what you want with minimal effort.  I've had disinterested masseurs who barely put effort in the massages, mechanically finish the massage, and still expect a 100% tip.  Generosity will certainly make that attitude flourish.

Edited by manmed
addendum

19 minutes ago, manmed said:

If you expect quality to improve in these spas,  the owner should charge more for the massages to usual and customary levels, pay the masseurs a lot more, provide adequate training and feedback.  Handouts rarely work. There would be no incentive to improve if you're getting what you want with minimal effort.  I've had disinterested masseurs who barely put effort in the massages, mechanically finish the massage, and still expect a 100% tip.  Generosity will certainly make that attitude flourish.

You are so right! This is true for most service industries. Businesses should charge realistic prices so that their employees, who are doing most of the work, receive good compensation, and so customers know the real cost. Tips should be to reward outstanding service, not to top up the wages of an underpaid employee. The industry needs to be de-stigmatized. 

I had a tall, lanky asian guy tonight. He said his name was Andy but there's no Andy on the schedule they post so maybe I misheard him. Decent massage. I did see a beautiful latino guy in the lobby. It wasn't Antonio since I've had him the past. Need to find out who that is! 

Edited by jmkblnd1

10 hours ago, jmkblnd1 said:

I had a tall, lanky asian guy tonight. He said his name was Andy but there's no Andy on the schedule they post so maybe I misheard him. Decent massage. I did see a beautiful latino guy in the lobby. It wasn't Antonio since I've had him the past. Need to find out who that is! 

Maybe DIego?

• 2 weeks later...

My go-to has been away so tried some others. 

Carlos: tall prob 6.2 latin though I couldn't quite guess from where. Nice guy, quiet, ok massage. Neither regrettable nor repeatable. Probably not trained. 

Terrence: tall 6.1 Asian very strong hands but relies a lot on fingertip pressure which is not my jam. Prob not trained. Very to the point in massage and manner. Finished a couple minutes early.

10 minutes ago, guyfouryou said:

Carlos: tall prob 6.2 latin though I couldn't quite guess from where. Nice guy, quiet, ok massage. Neither regrettable nor repeatable. Probably not trained. 

Terrence: tall 6.1 Asian very strong hands but relies a lot on fingertip pressure which is not my jam. Prob not trained. Very to the point in massage and manner. Finished a couple minutes early.

I had Terrance and he tried to up-sell me. Asked me how much I would give him to take his clothes off. 

On 8/5/2021 at 4:39 PM, guyfouryou said:

So far… Kareem is the best one in both location. I booked with him because he was the only one who’s available when I walked in few weeks ago. I never saw him before, although I visit the spa on a weekly basis…

Administrator's Note: 

Please, no reviews in the Spa. Check the Guidelines pinned at the top of the Forum. 

Soon the new review site will be open for submitting reviews.   

On 8/5/2021 at 4:51 PM, jmkblnd1 said:

I had Terrance and he tried to up-sell me. Asked me how much I would give him to take his clothes off. 

Mmmm, yeah same happened with me. He was kind of pushy with the upsell with me too, asking several times. Big turn off for me. Terrance has an ad on rentmasseur too (terrenceZz), so maybe he's used to upselling. My first appt with him thru rm was good but recent appts have gone downhill to the point that I don't want to hire him anymore. I didn't realize it was the same Terrance/Terrence from rm who is at 27 until it was too late. 😕 Luckily, there are several other good choices at 27!