US based Grindr experts, help please

Tarte Gogo
This topic is 2218 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am reading some profiles and a few people are openly saying “I use block if I decide you are not for me, it frees up screen space on my Grindr app for other people, don’t be offended”. So I think quite a few frequent users have simply taken the habit of blocking anyone they are not going to go for, simply to make room for other people, which they would orherwise never see all the way at the bottom of the list. Especially in Manhattan, where the number of people is incredibly large.

That might just be it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am reading some profiles and a few people are openly saying “I use block if I decide you are not for me, it frees up screen space on my Grindr app for other people, don’t be offended”. So I think quite a few frequent users have simply taken the habit of blocking anyone they are not going to go for, simply to make room for other people, which they would orherwise never see all the way at the bottom of the list. Especially in Manhattan, where the number of people is incredibly large.

That might just be it.

Or, they just want to block you! It’s no big deal. I think Grindr users are allowed 10 blocks a day....someone correct me if I’m wrong? So blocking to clear up your array of users wouldn’t be all that useful.

I block when someone is rude/gross/mean, that’s obvious. I also block if I’ve had a complete and finished convo with someone, but it’s clear they aren’t interested in me...that’s for my own sake of not remembering the outcome and trying again, lol!

Edited by MikeBiDude

That might just be it.

Nah. I live in nyc and rarely get blocked. It happens if I’ve argued with someone or pissed them off or I’m not their type and they’re not into me. Otherwise doesn’t really happen. But as others have said why are you sweating it? We can’t all be for everybody so just chat with the guys who don’t block you. If you’re getting blocked often you’re doing something to annoy or piss ppl off.

Edited by LookingAround

It seems the younger they are the more quirky and unpredictable they can be. Many are just trying to figure out their sexual identity and how the online dating scene works. Why don't you try to chat with men in their 20s and 30s rather than the typical barely legal trade your addicted too.

Wow. Was that petty moralist ending remark necessary?

Wow. Was that petty moralist ending remark necessary?

?????

Edit: Oh I guess you are replying to someone I blocked months and months ago and I can’t see their contributions?

Well I am glad to see they haven’t changed and still reply even though they must know that I can’t see their posts :)

Edited by Tarte Gogo

?????

Edit: Oh I guess you are replying to someone I blocked months and month ago and I can’t see their contributions?

Well I am glad to see they haven’t changed and still reply even though they must know that I can’t see their posts :)

When you block someone, Can you not see his messages not even when he is quoted by someone else?

This as @sniper says...and I also think some just test waters requesting “gen”. Maybe a friend tried it and it worked out, maybe they need some quick funds. They chat, but as it becomes closer to the “rubber meets the road” they get nervous. Blocking, ghosting, disappearing is the hallmark of (lack of ) open communication skills among our younger generation.

Question (not a comment). Have you been blocked by someone your own age?

Question. Have you been blocked by someone your own age?

Sorry I am not much help on this, I couldn’t tell you, maybe? But I am not trying to contact them or even see them, my filter excludes them from my main screen.

Edited by Tarte Gogo

I was just curious is all. I've never used grindr. (And thank you for not getting defensive with an age related question.)

No worries....although there are MANY age related blockings going on, sometimes it’s as simple as top/bottom, location, oral, anal, or (sadly) racial, etc. differences.

New questions:

1 - is it normal for grindr guys to give hickeys in the heat of the moment?

2 - how do you hide a hickey from your husband?

:rolleyes:;)

So my super hot 26 yo Latino grindr hookup now wants this to be a regular thing. What to do, what to do....

There will certainly be one condition: no more hickeys!