Watching A TV Show After An Actor Has Died

Avalon
This topic is 2212 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-ent-dushon-brown-chicago-fire-addressing-her-death-20180408-story.html

The actor who played Connie on "Chicago Fire" died. It was announced at the end of an episode several episodes ago. Yet because of the filming schedule her character is still on the show. Seems odd to see her character knowing that the actor has died.

The BUZZR cable channel airs a block of B&W game shows from the 1950s and early 1960s each afternoon, which I DVR and watch in the evening. Fun to watch broadcasts from that era, so much classier than what television provides today. It's rare that a game show airs from that era where anyone on it is still alive . . . except for Betty White.

Hmmm. I guess you never watch Turner Classics. In those movies it feels odd when the actor is still alive.

I like TCM. I was sorry when they decided to stop their monthly magazine. When it arrived I'd take out a pen and circle my viewing for the month. I especially liked movies from the 40s and 50s.

the radio show "Car Talk" continued to be broadcast after the brothers hosting it (Tom and Ray Magliozzi, known also as "Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers") retired in 2012, and still after Tom died late 2014. They stopped broadcasting late last year.

Similarly, the NPR panel game show "Says You" lost its creator and host, Richard Sher, a few years ago, to cancer. The show is still being produced, with a new host, but often they'll play a segment with Sher, or run an entire repeat of one of his episodes. Which frankly is nice, because the show is really just not the same anymore without him, IMO.