Have You Ever Seen A Ghost?

Avalon
This topic is 2205 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

That was one of the storylines on the recent episode of "The Resident".

When I was young we had a family friend whose young daughter died in the 1918 flu pandemic. She said that she saw her daughter's spirit leave her body when she died.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i rented an old house in Vermont for ski season. First night there, I heard piano playing coming from the basement. I went down and there was a piano but no pianist and no music. Perplexed, I left the basement and as soon as I closed the door, the music started again and played on for a short time. There were no nearby houses or other source of piano music.

During my winter in that house, there were many other encounters of a similar nature and one viewing which I chalked up to shadows, but which gave a difficult to shake chill to my entire body.

As a child, I awoke one night to see my late grandmother sitting at the foot of my bed, sewing. She smiled at me and I fell back asleep. I told my mother of the appearance. I was told my grandmother came visiting us as it was her birthday.

Edited by purplekow

i rented an old house in Vermont for ski season. First night there, I heard piano playing coming from the basement. I went down and there was a piano but no pianist and no music. Perplexed, I left the basement and as soon as I closed the door, the music started again and played on for a short time. There were no nearby houses or other source of piano music.

During my winter in that house, there were many other encounters of a similar nature and one viewing which I chalked up to shadows, but which gave a difficult to shake chill to my entire body.

And you were able to stay in the house the whole winter? I would have left in a hurry after the piano episode :mad:

Back in the 70s my Grandmother had to be on dialysis. There were endless problems with infections, new shunts, and the grind of having to be taken to the Hospital several times a week for treatment. When she got another infection and ended up in the Hospital one more time, she decided that she did not want to continue. She decided to discontinue treatment, which she knew would end her life. I visited Her everyday, we talked and she told me things about her life (her parents took her from school when she was 13 so she could work in a commercial laundry) that I never knew. At the end she became unconscious. I went home and went to bed, I awakened in the middle of the night and looked past the foot of the bed to see Her standing extending her hand, and then fade away. The next day I was told she died during the night.

I was sick and very delirious in a semi conscious state. They were doing a lot of tests, turned out to be something very minor coupled with flu . I saw my two late uncles who seemed to be sitting in the chair in the hospital bed. They told me not to worry and that I had a long time here and would live to see my grandkids. At that time I didn't have kids and I was gay(still am, though on occasion am seeing women in a somewhat attractive light), so it was odd. It was almost like a two way conversation-once I got better never saw them again.

I don't know if it was the stuff they had me on and my state of semi-conscious, but at that time seemed very normal/real-as real as talking to someone next to you. I did end up having kids through scientific means-perhaps a coincidence? It wasn't a spooky experience, seemed completely normal at the time.

Who knows we are all born, then exist in this world and then are gone. I also saw my childhood dog in that experience comforting me-weird. Maybe it was my mind making stuff up-who knows? Never had that again.

I was staying at the Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans in January 2014. In the wee hours on the morning of the 14th my sleep became restless. At 17 minuets before 2:00 I awoke to a sudden chill accompanied by a draft in my room. I felt a touch down at my legs. There was a familiar presence in my room and I knew then that my 87 year old Aunt had passed away.

She had been sick for a while and was suffering from dementia and complications of a broken hip. She was in a hospital in Bossier City 300 plus miles away. Not long after 2:00 my phone rang, it was my cousin calling to inform me that our Aunt had died. I told him that I knew that it had happened at 17 minutes before the hour as she stopped by my hotel to let me know.

A few days later after the funeral, several of my cousins were talking about her and I related this experience that occurred. One cousin from Dallas related the exact same experience at precisely the same time had occurred to her. Another in Enid, Oklahoma and another from Cleveland each had the same experience, restless sleep, sudden chill, a draft, touch on the leg, and the feeling of a familiar presence.

My Aunt had no children and thus the nieces and nephews were her kids. She was a funny and vibrant person who was our surrogate parent. The family stories of her shenanigans are legendary. I miss her as much as my own mother. I’ve seldom related this story outside the family as some would dismiss such an experience.

I've never had any supernatural experiences. My parents died 22 years apart. Neither appeared to say good-bye.

Because of diabetes my maternal grandmother had to have both legs amputated (several years apart). Because of the diabetes she could only have a local anesthetic not a general one. During one operation she was conversing with her mother and sister. Her mother had died @20 years before and her sister @50 years.

And you were able to stay in the house the whole winter? I would have left in a hurry after the piano episode :mad:

Me too, but sooner. If I knew I was the only one supposed to be in that house and heard piano music coming from the basement, the next sound anyone would have heard would have been the skidding of tires.

I never saw a ghost before but I could feel my moms presence a couple of times after she passed away,my brother was someone I really looked up to and we were always sticking up for each other growing up,he died of cancer in the early 80 s and around 6 years after he died I had a dream that didn't seem like just a dream,in fact I think it was really my brother,not just a dream.I had a good friend who died about 12 and a half years ago,I felt his spirit a couple of times too,I also felt my grandmother before,and a year and a half ago on Halloween night I had a dream of seeing my mom and it also did not seem like a dream I think it was really her,not just a dream.

Was it of someone you knew? Were you afraid?

No I wasn't afraid, it happened very fast. By the time I realized what had happened it was over.

We have moved to a house in 1982 in which strange things happened. Doors opened by themselves, wind up toys would play without anyone touching them, drinking glasses would shatter on the kitchen counter and pictures were thrown off the walls. In 1985, shortly after I turned 14 I was brushing my teeth before going to school. I spit out the toothpaste and looked up at the mirror and at that instance I saw a bright light like a flash from a camera. Almost at the same time I saw the reflection of a tall man, he wearing a long coat, hat and he had his hands in his coat pockets. I couldn't see any facial features, he was more like a shadow except he was solid. He walked very quickly across my field of vision and seemed to be heading towards the stairs. I waited 2 years before telling anyone about what I had seen and that's when my mom told me that she would often see the same man standing in the 2nd floor hallway. He would dissipate when she spoke to him. She also revealed that she thought that the same man had followed her around when she was a child in our homeland. Apparently this shadowy figure kept appearing to her for many years and then stopped when she became an adult.

Lived with one.

As a Child I used to ride by this field-stone house dating to the revolutionary war which had long been abandoned. The smell of fresh bread baking was a regular anomaly coming from the house and was reported by neighbors as well. The house eventually was rehabbed into a law office where the scent of skunk would often permeate the neighborhood. I guess that even ghost have discerning tastes . . .

The only ghost-like experience I ever had happened when I was about thirty years old. Shortly after getting into bed a dark, hazy cloud appeared over me. There were two very bright round lights at one end that I perceived to be its eyes. The only motor function I was able to perform was to blink my eyes. It came closer, looked into my eyes and I had the sensation that it was seeking information. It made no sound, and after a short period of time it floated away and all of my motor functions returned. What I found most intriguing about the experience is that not once did I experience fear or feel threatened in any way.

• 2 weeks later...
That was one of the storylines on the recent episode of "The Resident".

When I was young we had a family friend whose young daughter died in the 1918 flu pandemic. She said that she saw her daughter's spirit leave her body when she died.

Ask @Lance_Navarro, I am not he sees them, but he can fuck them neverthe less.

https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/fucking-a-ghost-a-planking-coregasm.136416/

I am pretty confident there is not such a thing as ghosts or paranormal phenomena. We just cannot explain natural events and in our need to understand make up the ghosts. Like religious people do with god, pretty much.

I say this with the upmost respect for those who think have experienced the visit of a spirit. IMO to believe that you must be going through some emotional ordeals, or somebody is just playing with you.