Thank you for your service!

marylander1940

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/1/2022 at 1:07 PM, Danny-Darko said:

I don't follow, why for the theater? 

Going to a . movie in Saigon in 1969 was occasionally quite dangerous. We would be wearinguniforms in a dark theater 

A month earlier, I was on guard duty at night. I heard someone jump over a fence. It was the same guy. He was lucky that I recognized his voice. He had just gotten laid. As much as I liked his amazing ass he was crazy to be walking around in the dark. I knew he would argue about  buying underwear 

13 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

Going to a . movie in Saigon in 1969 was occasionally quite dangerous. We would be wearinguniforms in a dark theater 

A month earlier, I was on guard duty at night. I heard someone jump over a fence. It was the same guy. He was lucky that I recognized his voice. He had just gotten laid. As much as I liked his amazing ass he was crazy to be walking around in the dark. I knew he would argue about  buying underwear 

Still makes no sense. Going to a dark movie in uniform was dangerous so wear underwear?

30 minutes ago, StLouisOct said:

Still makes no sense. Going to a dark movie in uniform was dangerous so wear underwear?

He was leaving Vietnam a in few days. I was leaving in a week. If there was a problem with MPs near the theater he should have been wearing underwear under his uniform. We had seen "Pretty Poison"  at Camp Davies where we were stationed 

Edited by WilliamM

12 hours ago, WilliamM said:

He was leaving Vietnam a in few days. I was leaving in a week. If there was a problem with MPs near the theater he should have been wearing underwear under his uniform. We had seen "Pretty Poison"  at Camp Davies where we were stationed 

Sorry, but I still don't follow. If there was a problem with MP's near the theater, why would they or anybody be checking for underwear? 

I don't know about undershorts, but we were required to wear T-shirts with open-collared uniforms like fatigues and khakis - it was part of the uniform.

He must have had a thick hide not to wear underwear under fatigues.  We sent our fatigues to the quartermaster laundry - when they came back, they were so stiff with starch that they would almost stand up by themselves.  Putting on a uniform fresh from the laundry was called "breaking starch."  We were expected to look ultra-neat all the time so we didn't like to break the starch in our pockets.  Instead, we put our cigarettes and wallets inside of our shirts.  I got so used to doing that, that I kept it up for years afterward.