Business as usual!

bostonman
This topic is 2258 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just noticed that the reviews for Mon 3/26 have been posted. With no further comments from Daddy.

To be honest, I had expected something else - more like a warning that our days here are coming to an end and he's decided to pull the site, or something along those lines. Now, that may still happen (ugh), but the fact that it hasn't happened yet, in the wake of all the panic this weekend, is a good and welcome sign.

Let us pray that things just continue here as always.

At the same time, I also hope that somehow there might be a contingency plan if this site needs to go. Yes, the reviews are a valuable thing, but I would miss this forum much much more. I'm wondering if the forum could exist by itself, as the reviews may certainly need to go.

I hate, HATE all this speculation. But I know I'm far from the only one who is suddenly very worried. It's the fear of the unknown that's really affecting me. (Even though as I've already posted, I tend to think that these laws may be harsher for the hetero community than for us.) What sites will be blocked or closed? Will there be ways to fight the law even as trump will probably sign it very soon? How will this affect the internet in general in addition to the general sexual freedom we've come to expect? None of us really know any of the answers, and that's what's scary.

Again, I want to say how much I will miss the info, the banter, and the camaraderie (though maybe not the trolls, lol) out here if all of a sudden we're blown to bits (or bytes, as it were). I do hope that if we have to go, we'll be able to say a reasonable farewell, instead of facing a sudden unexpected pull of the plug.

But again, I'm speculating. Ugh.

So, let's be extra thankful the the reviews of the day are up. It affirms that we can still be here. :D

Perhaps Daddy doesn't comment on bills that haven't been signed into law yet?

How fast the "Daddys Rules" have been forgotten!

1. Don't Panic.
  2. Don't break the law.
  3. Know what the law is.

I suspect that changes will be happening. The sites has been evolving since the beginning. They will adapt as the environment changes.

trump-sky-is-falling.png

I just noticed that the reviews for Mon 3/26 have been posted. With no further comments from Daddy.

I apparently have missed something important. Has there been an announcement or a hint that that either the Review Side, the Forum, or both are about to go away?:confused:

No, but it's reasonable to expect that could happen. But indeed, no news is great news.

I suppose is may be reasonable to expect, but calm down. People hired before the Internet. I did not have a PC until 2000, and I started hiring almost a decade before.

I didn't start hiring until after I was online. I was used to phone lines, newspaper personal ads, and of course, human interaction in terms of hookups before that. Just that it's been so wonderfully easy online, lol.

Don't worry - I'm calm. Just not liking that the government is potentially forcing these changes. Feels like a real loss of freedom.