Gift for someone

cruiserdude1234
This topic is 2263 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but it’s hard to do if you’ve not met him and don’t know him well. In that case cash is good. :)

For guys who are traveling I try to find something small and light... a book if you know his interests... a nice, leather/crocodile manicure/pedicure set... a good set of noise-cancelling ear buds...a FitBit...Laser Projection Virtual Keyboard, and then there’s a Willy Care Kit ;)

http://i.imgur.com/uTaBANb.jpg

not utterly clever, but I usually get a gift card to their favorite food store....certainly easy to carry and they'll remember me when they use it.....if a first meet, I ask them during pre-meet planning what their favorite food store is......

answers have ranged from Whole Foods (surprise!) to Grocery Outlet.......Trader Joe's is the most popular

This topic has been discussed many times. If you haven’t met the guy before, there is a chance he might not like you getting him something.

Mind you most people are appreciative of small tokens. Especially if it’s something the find useful. However, it might weird some guys out to just randomly bring them something if you never met or talked to them at length.

I think as people suggested a gift card or an article of clothing they may enjoy, i.e. underwear.

BabyBoomer neither can I. I most definitely did NOT have Kesllar in mind when I made the previous post.

And btw Epigonos bought the pink thong for Oliver, not me. It's this weird thing between them. I'd suggest you just drop the whole thing, Boomer. It's not a particularly pretty picture.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Guys, I was thinking about getting a small gift/token when I meet with someone. Is this something others have done? What are some possible ideas to get?

Thanks,

I think getting things for a person whom I know and for whom I have feeling makes sense. Do you give things to every person you meet? Also, sometimes this act of giving things without any expectations or special treatment of any kind in return is good. If you are giving out without any expectation in favor then giving something useful is meaningful. A watch/ jacket/ belt/ Swiss gears/ head phone is good! But I think giving on third meeting makes sense once you know your compatibility!

Edited by sexymonk