Do You Like Avocados?

Avalon
This topic is 1765 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Not a big fan of avocado but I love avocado chocolate mousse. I had it last night for desert at one of my favorite restaurants. While it doesn't taste exactly like real chocolate mousse (the consistency is somewhere between pudding and mousse), its delicious and I defy anyone to be able to identify it as containing avocado.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am just this very moment eating healthy toast with an avocado (very lightly mashed)/cilantro/lime/salt topping.....with turkey bacon and scrambled egg whites mixed with onion, tomato, bell pepper, feta, and dill, it makes a very healthy meal (fats, protein, carbs)......hitting the gym in a bit!.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijVLdH5dt-c

Mmmmmm....please invite me to your next brunch!

Not a big fan of avocado but I love avocado chocolate mousse. I had it last night for desert at one of my favorite restaurants. While it doesn't taste exactly like real chocolate mousse (the consistency is somewhere between pudding and mousse), its delicious and I defy anyone to be able to identify it as containing avocado.

I was offered this once in a restaurant. I thought it sounded like a very weird combination, but it turned out to be delicious!

Love avas! Love them in guac, salad, civeche and by itself with a lil salt and pepper and Italian dressing. The idea of watermelon and ava sounds good. Maybe do a mint, ava, watermelon and cheese combo? Mmmmm And that ava ice cream has been on my list to make and try for a while.

Hugs,

Greg

• 3 months later...
I love avocados.

I have avocado in my salad every day it's just delicious.

am just this very moment eating healthy toast with an avocado (very lightly mashed)/cilantro/lime/salt topping.....with turkey bacon and scrambled egg whites mixed with onion, tomato, bell pepper, feta, and dill, it makes a very healthy meal (fats, protein, carbs)......hitting the gym in a bit!.......

Avocado sliced lengthwise is the best.

I love both, sliced avocado with a squeeze of lime, some salt and pepper, is my idea of a treat. (But yes, not a mushy one.)

If you want to unlock my password at work, the answer to the question, "What is your favorite food?" is avocado.

Most of us who were born and raised in California are big fans of avocados AND artichokes. I love them both.

Yes..avocado's toasted on buttered bread sprinkled with lemon pepper on top...

I love avocados!

I love sliced avocado, as long as it isn't too mushy. But I also like guacamole.

Joy Behar hospitalized after avocado accident

On Tuesday’s episode of “The View,” co-host Joy Behar revealed she had to miss work Monday because she’d sliced open her hand cutting an avocado.

“Saturday night, on my way to the event at the retreat, I stabbed myself in the hand with a knife,” she explained. “I was trying to desperately eat something, so I was trying to open an avocado. So I stuck the knife into the pit to get it out … and I stabbed myself!”

At the hospital, where the 75-year-old stayed overnight and was administered an antibacterial drip to ward off infection, Behar was told that this sort of accident happens all the time.

“Apparently there is a syndrome called avocado hand,” she said. “It’s real! The doctor said, ‘We get this all the time.’ And bagels also. Any time you’re holding the item, and you cut it, you can get this.”

Despite the pain she was in, Behar still had a sense of humor about the ordeal, even after her fellow panelists gave her a safety glove and an avocado slicer.

“I’ll leave the dicing to Rachael Ray and only buy ready-made guacamole. That’s it!” she joked.

Sounds like a solid plan.

I love avocados.

I love both, sliced avocado with a squeeze of lime, some salt and pepper, is my idea of a treat. (But yes, not a mushy one.)

If you want to unlock my password at work, the answer to the question, "What is your favorite food?" is avocado.

Most of us who were born and raised in California are big fans of avocados AND artichokes. I love them both.

I love avocados!

I love sliced avocado, as long as it isn't too mushy. But I also like guacamole.

On Tuesday’s episode of “The View,” co-host Joy Behar revealed she had to miss work Monday because she’d sliced open her hand cutting an avocado.

“Saturday night, on my way to the event at the retreat, I stabbed myself in the hand with a knife,” she explained. “I was trying to desperately eat something, so I was trying to open an avocado. So I stuck the knife into the pit to get it out … and I stabbed myself!”

At the hospital, where the 75-year-old stayed overnight and was administered an antibacterial drip to ward off infection, Behar was told that this sort of accident happens all the time.

“Apparently there is a syndrome called avocado hand,” she said. “It’s real! The doctor said, ‘We get this all the time.’ And bagels also. Any time you’re holding the item, and you cut it, you can get this.”

Despite the pain she was in, Behar still had a sense of humor about the ordeal, even after her fellow panelists gave her a safety glove and an avocado slicer.

“I’ll leave the dicing to Rachael Ray and only buy ready-made guacamole. That’s it!” she joked.

Unripe avocados can be cooked. They lack some of the flavour of raw ones so light frying works best as you can infuse them with taste, eg chilli or curry spices (though not all-out curry flavour, I think).

LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijVLdH5dt-c

And you didn’t invite me? [scowl]

you mean the boba rage hasn't made it to the streets of Laredo yet?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_tea

Haven’t seen it on our Panda Express. Two other Asian restaurants are off limits: too salty. I’ve seen these drinks at the places along BelleAire Ave. in Houston and enjoyed them in Kuala Lumpur. But I’ve never seen an avocado version.

• 2 months later...
I love avocados.

I love avocados!

Get ready to guac out, avocado fans.

People who sign up for a weight loss study looking at avocado consumption can get paid for their efforts, Loma Linda University announced.

“The study will examine whether eating one avocado per day reduces visceral adipose fat in the abdomen,” Joan Sabaté, MD, PhD, said in an online statement Tuesday.

The school laid out certain requirements for the project, including: men and women signing up must have waist measurements of 40 and 35 inches or more, respectively — and all subjects have to be at least 25 years old.

They also mentioned another — crucial — stipulation.

“Be willing to either eat one avocado per day for six months or eat only two avocados per month for the same period,” the school said.

Loma Linda University also explained how the study will work.

“The test group will be given 16 avocados every two weeks and required to eat one avocado per day throughout the six-month study,” it said. “The control group will be required to eat no more than two avocados per month during the same period.”

Everyone who signs up will get a free MRI and health screening and should meet monthly with a dietician, the school said.

“Upon successful completion of the study, participants in both groups will be paid $300 each, and members of the control group will be given 24 avocados to enjoy,” it adds.

Loma Linda isn’t the only school that will get people to join.

Tufts University, the University of California, Los Angeles, and Penn State University will also sign up 250 people a pop.

Damn I would love to be a part of the study if I could be in the avocado a day group. I'm even in the right location as Loma Linda University isn't that far from me. Major problem - even though I'd love to lose and inch or two from my waist which is currently 34" I'm not about to add an additional 6" in order to be a part.