Swooning over Adam Rippon Figure skater

VictorPowers
This topic is 1520 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In the team event, the Russian girl wasn’t really that good of a skater. She earned a lot of points by doing all her jumps after the halfway mark to earn the 10% bonus.

Actually, girl was flawless <3 The level of difficulty in her program was greater than everyone elses, that's why she deserved to get those 20+ extra points over the American even after the triple axel was landed by her.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team event in figure skating was added for TV ratings only, there's no real purpose to it other than making advertisers happy. I view it as a talent exhibition right before the real competition begins in the individual events.

OK, that makes sense. The team event sells more tickets, and it gives the Winter Olympics a couple more days of figure skating, one of the highest rated sports. The men's short had ten skaters, but five countries got chopped, so only five teams even competed in the free skate. Because Hanyu didn't skate in the team event, the Japanese team picked some scrub to skate the free. OMG, out of his maximum eight jumping passes, he did two double salchows, not in combination with a triple or a quad mind you, just plain double salchows. In a "competition" *cough* for Olympic gold, a skater is doing double salchows? :eek: Ten-year-olds do double salchows! The level of skating in this team event is a pathetic joke! But as you pointed out, I'm sure the TV ratings in Japan were sky-high for this team "competition" *cough* which is all the IOC and ISU care about.

Now let's talk about Chris Mazdzer, the silver medalist in Men's Single Luge - HOT HOT HOT. Let's hope he's a member of the 4-H club - he's hot, handsome and hairy - let's hope he has the 4th H - Hung:

chriz-mazdzer-hot-shirtless-pictures-instagram-winter-olympics-2018-luge.jpg

Shame he's got a girlfriend - she's a lucky woman to have that hunk to herself - handsome, built and hairy - woof.

In reference to another thread about guys with small cocks, lemme say that I couldn't give half a flying sh*t if Chris Mazdzer were hung or not. That body, that face, that fur ... mmmmmmmm ... plus it looks like he has a really goofy sense of humor, which makes him all the sexier.

In reference to another thread about guys with small cocks, lemme say that I couldn't give half a flying sh*t if Chris Mazdzer were hung or not. That body, that face, that fur ... mmmmmmmm ... plus it looks like he has a really goofy sense of humor, which makes him all the sexier.

I'd love to get "luged" by him, no matter what his size.

Guest MikeThomas
Thank you "The powers that be" for moving my thread to the correct area.

Don't let it happen again ;-) Otherwise you'll be due 10 lashes with a wet noodle! LOL

I agree with you - I'd do him whether he was hung or not - but him being hung above average would be a wonderful bonus. The face, furry built body and his personality (which is definitely upbeat and goofy) is a major turnon.

No shout-out for French-born German skater Bruno Massot?

I wouldn't throw Bruno out of my bed. I like a handsome, masculine guy who isn't afraid of crying.

Adam Rippon has a nice face and a super-tight body. His ass seems amazing. But when he opens his mouth to speak, I'm oddly reminded of the shrill sound of Nancy Kerrigan's scream when Shane Stant clubbed her in the leg. Rippon is a bit too femme for my sexual taste, but I do enjoy watching him skate.

But when he opens his mouth to speak, I'm oddly reminded of the shrill sound of Nancy Kerrigan's scream when Shane Stant clubbed her in the leg. Rippon is a bit too femme for my sexual taste, but I do enjoy watching him skate.

This quote for the win.

If it weren't so long, I'd have it screen printed on a tshirt and wear it.

I’m so happy for Adam that’s he’s fianlly living up to his potential. The reality is, unfortunately, that he has little chance of even making it to the podium unless he gets a quad in his repertoire. As you witnessed a couple of days ago, two failed quads will still earn you more points than a perfect program without a quad. In a way, I’m happy that he won a bronze in the team event so he has a medal to show for all his hard work. Hanyu is back, Uno, Chen, the youngest American Zhou, Jin, Fernandez, and them some have loaded jumps that can surpass Adam’s technical scores anytime. They all have to have a disastrous program for Adam to make it to the podium.

Right you are. We can talk about his beauty and the desire to sleep with him, but without the quad, he’s an exceptional skater who could have won gold... some years ago.

I find Adam's looks and skating unremarkable but he can be proud of his Olympic experience (which almost didn't happen had he not worked hard to come back from injury as well as a disappointing Nationals).

I knew he would finish the lowest of the U.S. men because of his base content value (let's be honest, the triple Axels were a bit sketchy).

Like his BFF Ashley Wagner, he knows how to play the media game and positioned himself as a new gay icon. I would personally prefer to listen to Johnny than Adam.

There were only three legitimate teams in the team event, and Team USA won the bronze. Not exactly a towering achievement, but a medal is a medal is a medal. Adam's bronze should cement his future in figure skating, whether as a coach, commentator, or in ice shows.

I have many friends who work in the gay media/press and they have had non-stop coverage of him.

New temporary gay icon work?

I suppose. I mean, icon is a strong word and Rippon hasn't done nearly enough (imo) to warrant the term.

He's currently a media darling... Until the next one comes along. 'The first' anything warrants 15 minutes of coverage these days.

As a community, we'll know we've truly made it when it's no longer a headline.

I suppose. I mean, icon is a strong word and Rippon hasn't done nearly enough (imo) to warrant the term.

He's currently a media darling... Until the next one comes along. 'The first' anything warrants 15 minutes of coverage these days.

As a community, we'll know we've truly made it when it's no longer a headline.

Please tell me I'm not alone in noting the irony that "Gay Figure Skater" is actually a headline??

Please tell me I'm not alone in noting the irony that "Gay Figure Skater" is actually a headline??

WHAT? YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT BRIAN BOITANO IS GAY? WELL, I NEVER...

It's almost the same smirk I crack when I would talk to the ladies who ran the Liberace Museum in Vegas (RIP).

They'd insist that Lee died of 'stomach cancer' and how tragic that he just never found the right woman to spend his life with.

WHAT? YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT BRIAN BOITANO IS GAY? WELL, I NEVER...

It's almost the same smirk I crack when I would talk to the ladies who ran the Liberace Museum in Vegas (RIP).

They'd insist that Lee died of 'stomach cancer' and how tragic that he just never found the right woman to spend his life with.

When I heard the news that Brian Boitano came out, I and surely millions others thought, "How do you 'come out' if everybody on Planet Earth already knows you're gay?"

it really is a weird situation that the judges and people running the sport seem to harbor a lot of homophobia. Maybe it's internalized? I guess that is changing which is a good thing. But the fact does remain that all of those guys who came out did so after their competition careers were over. It's no small thing that he and Radford are out. I suppose it also could be that they are so completely focused on training that skaters don't have time to deal with every aspect of themselves.

While he is a bit overexposed at this moment, I say good for him. He saw his opportunity and seized it. The inevitable backlash arrived with it. But he seems to have handled that pretty well. The fact also remains that these guys are better at this particular thing than 99.9999999% of people. And he's got an Olympic medal (no matter how tainted some here want to make it) which very few people have. He's put in a lot of work over a very long time to get there. I won't begrudge him that. I think he knows that the sport as competition has passed him by. He'll be popular in ice shows for a few years and then he'll need to figure out what he wants to do next.

I don't mind that he's a little girly. But I do find his supreme overconfidence a bit off-putting.

But I do find his supreme overconfidence a bit off-putting.

That's what bothers me most about Rippon. Note the attitudes of the gold and bronze medalists in the men's singles. Yuzuru and Javi both have a salt-of-the-earth humility that makes me love them all the more. Contrast that humility with Rippon's Diva Goddess bearing ... ugh! Yes, Adam's a very good skater. He placed 10th in the men's event (which is exactly where I predicted he would place). If you're the tenth best at something, out of everybody in the whole wide world, that's impressive. But honestly, if gold medalist Hanyu or Nathan Chen, who shattered the Olympic record for the free skate, walked around with Adam's supreme overconfidence, I would be turned off. Coming from the #10 skater, all the more so.