Have you ever not stripped naked when receiving a massage?

7829V
This topic is 2288 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I had an unfortunate experience in Beijing where the masseur spoke only Mandarin. I thought he wanted me nude but when I started to remove my shorts, he freaked out. Even at home I now think best practice is to ask up front about the masseur's expectation.

My expectation is that I will be naked. The only discussion about when pants will come off should be about his pants not mine.

wearing underwear during a massage does restrict the flow of movement - those sweeping moves from knee to waist etc

however in legitimate spas I have kept mine on - and its a different experience

often in asia when i just want a massage - the local massage joint with mainly females (no happy endings offered) are just that - strip down to your underwear - often they will give u a very nasty plastic g string to wear - i prefer to wear my own underwear

I had an unfortunate experience in Beijing where the masseur spoke only Mandarin. I thought he wanted me nude but when I started to remove my shorts, he freaked out. Even at home I now think best practice is to ask up front about the masseur's expectation.

Guess I better learn Mandarin.

I was thinking in getting a massage and start with my underwear on.. I wonder if he'll suggest to remove them or will he do it for me once I'm on the table. This masseur claims to have experience but not formally trained.

If booking through a m4m site, I assume I am to be naked. Most of the time, there is no sheet. I went for a massage today in fact and there was a sheet. I asked if he wanted me to be under the sheet. He said it was up to me. I stripped and got on the table on top of the sheet. It makes for a better massage all the way around I think. No restriction of sheets getting in the way.

Unless I were at a hotel spa, I wouldn't dream of leaving a stitch of clothing on. As stated above, that would send a very weird message. Sometimes a masseur will cover me with a blanket for a few minutes, but that's usually to insure that I'm not cold. If the blanket doesn't come off in a few minutes, I tell him that it's OK to remove it now.

Yes, the only question about when underwear should come off is about his, not mine. (Unless it's in Mandarin!)

Guest InthePines
I was thinking in getting a massage and start with my underwear on.. I wonder if he'll suggest to remove them or will he do it for me once I'm on the table. This masseur claims to have experience but not formally trained.

I would think starting with your underwear on would convey the message to the masseur that you're wanting to keep the massage purely therapeutic.