Goodbye Matt Lauer....

jawjateck
This topic is 2180 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A wise word of warning:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/27/opinions/sexual-harassment-assault-backlash-opinion-costello/index.html

Beware the sexual harassment backlash

"I am ecstatic that so many women are coming forward with stories of harassment and assault. But I also fervently believe we -- as supporters -- have to keep a lid on over-correcting wrongs. We cannot celebrate innocent men paying a price for those who are truly guilty.

We cannot pick and choose who is guilty of sexual harassment based on his or her political affiliation. If Al Franken is guilty of serial harassment, he deserves the same treatment as anyone else. Democrat or Republican, I don't care how sorry he is for past indiscretions.

If we don't heed these warnings, then I fear our courageous stories of abuse will be twisted by men who feel tarred and feathered in our moment of truth, and they, again, will drive us underground.

Don't let them."

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot confirm this but years ago, speaking to several gay male masseurs, they admitted Lauer was a client who liked more than a rub.

One of the guys was very trustworthy.

Rumor has it that David Geffen is next on the list of those who acted inappropriately!

expect he did enjoy mutual oral and not just a hand induced HE

Exactly...

Although it is not in this video clip, Stephanie Ruhle ended her show this morning tearing up over Matt Lauer. Like Weinstein, he apparently was a known predator, using his power to control the women he abused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miSvecHDZE0

If I’m not mistaken, Ms Ruhle was about to honor the memory of a recently deceased Bloomberg economist who had been her colleague when she was on Bloomberg. BTW I’m NOT a fan. I’m not sure which annoys me more: her voice or her knee jerk defense of her former Wall Street investment banker colleagues.

I cannot confirm this but years ago, speaking to several gay male masseurs, they admitted Lauer was a client who liked more than a rub.

One of the guys was very trustworthy.

Rumor has it that David Geffen is next on the list of those who acted inappropriately!

It will take some time but eventually they’ll get to the Dalai Lama and the Pope too.

A wise word of warning:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/27/opinions/sexual-harassment-assault-backlash-opinion-costello/index.html

Beware the sexual harassment backlash

"I am ecstatic that so many women are coming forward with stories of harassment and assault. But I also fervently believe we -- as supporters -- have to keep a lid on over-correcting wrongs. We cannot celebrate innocent men paying a price for those who are truly guilty.

We cannot pick and choose who is guilty of sexual harassment based on his or her political affiliation. If Al Franken is guilty of serial harassment, he deserves the same treatment as anyone else. Democrat or Republican, I don't care how sorry he is for past indiscretions.

If we don't heed these warnings, then I fear our courageous stories of abuse will be twisted by men who feel tarred and feathered in our moment of truth, and they, again, will drive us underground.

Don't let them."

I believe that eventually the ship rights itself. The adults in the room realize that not everything is black or white or that you can mete out the same punishment for every accusation. There are various degrees of impropriety and they have to be decided upon appropriately. The problem will be (and perhaps this is what perpetrators want) is that everything becomes so overwhelming that it seems that nothing can be corrected. I think that some in Congress and in business are doing the smart thing. They are holding off making certain decisions while they swiftly put a credible process in place so that there is fairness to the system. Moreover, while this is happening what really must go on is that we must accept the fact that it is the culture itself that much change and that will be done in very subtle (and some not so subtle) ways. Unfortunately that will be a very long haul.

Edited by TruthBTold

Pervy Lauer had a "rape" button under his desk. It was installed years ago for security purposes, but being a practiced predator, he found it useful to trap his victims in the office without having to worry about an interruption from outside. Apparently, other prominent NBC personalities/execs have "rape" buttons too.

Pervy Lauer had a "rape" button under his desk. It was installed years ago for security purposes, but being a practiced predator, he found it useful to trap his victims in the office without having to worry about an interruption from outside. Apparently, other prominent NBC personalities/execs have "rape" buttons too.

https://jezebel.com/matt-lauer-had-a-button-under-his-desk-to-lock-his-door-1820853895

• During his tenure as co-host of Today, Lauer reportedly gave a woman colleague a sex toy, along with a note about “how he wanted to use it on her.”
  • Another woman colleague recalls a time when she was “summoned” to Lauer’s office; he dropped his pants, showed her his penis, and then proceeded to chastise her for not engaging in a sex act.
  • Lauer would, according to anonymous sources, ask women producers who they’d slept with, and engage his colleagues in a rousing game of “Fuck, Marry, Kill”—a thinly veiled-ruse for sharing which of his colleagues he’d like to sleep with.

http://static.skaip.org/img/emoticons/180x180/f6fcff/puke.gif

This will sound like psychobabble, but I think every one of these men fell because of Trump. Corporate Shill keeps saying, and he's right, that a lot of this shit happened before Trump. Millions of people lost homes. Wages didn't increase. Factory jobs went away under W. and stayed away under Obama. Millions of people got addicted to opioids. And meanwhile there was all this sexual harassment stuff that was going on everywhere, and even more hidden.

The good thing about Trump is that somehow his Presidency seems to be about exposing everything that is ugly about America. In a weird way, he is holding a mirror to the nation, and tens of millions of people don't like what they see.

Interesting point and can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm sure it's unintentional on Trump's part, with one neuron firing he could never engineer such a plan :)

Another bizarro world moment as the news coverage continues - Brian Williams covering the Matt Lauer story. (Don't forget that Williams was suspended by NBC and eventually reassigned to MSNBC because of lying about his helicopter adventures in Iraq.) The world is just getting weirder and weirder...

Don't forget that Brian Williams also nutted in his pants watching live coverage of the missile launch against Syria on his show. </3 Sean Hannity has more journalistic integrity than he does at this point...

Don't forget that Brian Williams also nutted in his pants watching live coverage of the missile launch against Syria on his show.

I think that's fake news.

But his daughter sure made for a disappointing Peter Pan...(working opposite a shamelessly underrehearsed Christopher Walken...)

Another bizarro world moment as the news coverage continues - Brian Williams covering the Matt Lauer story. (Don't forget that Williams was suspended by NBC and eventually reassigned to MSNBC because of lying about his helicopter adventures in Iraq.)

I read about Williams again just now from a new perspective. That is, a good friend's experience embedded with the pro-Ukraine militia. I read every one of his articles over a period of three years.

If a 26-year old freelance journalist could pay so much attention to details when I occasionally had difficult questions, why couldn't Brian Williams. Mr. Williams had to know at some level that his stories were not completely correct.

OK, bets on when the Howard Stern allegations will surface ? I think one by one, each and every person in some position of power will now be called out by someone.....in the public eye or private sector... too bad we dont hear about the non-famous cases. Our heads would probably spin. ?

OK, bets on when the Howard Stern allegations will surface ? I think one by one, each and every person in some position of power will now be called out by someone.....in the public eye or private sector... too bad we dont hear about the non-famous cases. Our heads would probably spin. ?

I was just thinking that Howard Stern, who for many years while he built his empire was dismissed as the ultimate low-life sleazeball sexual deviant by mainstream America, will probably be the one celeb who WON'T be brought done by this. His sleaze factor was always 100% out in the open, and his dirty little secret was that underneath it all he was a moral, straight laced family man.

I'd bet on Limbaugh or Hannity going down before Stern. Fingers crossed!

well, I'll just throw in that I never-ever thought Lauer was a hard-hitting, serious journalist......always seemed very light and airy to me from the beginning.....even when he had the occasional interviews with big names, it all seemed highly staged and scripted.....sorta like a college frat boy trying to look all serious, but very obviously would rather be somewhere else......

always wondered whether he was just another example of getting by only on his looks....

http://www.broadcastpioneers.com/bp1/live2.jpg

Remember his hideous, misogynistic interview with Hillary during the Commander-in-Chief Forum — the one in which he threw softballs to fellow sexual predator Trump? Good riddance.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/29/hillary-clinton-supporters-matt-lauer-firing-268778