Do You Shop On "Black Friday"?

Avalon
This topic is 2377 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don't. I think it a bit odd that all these sales are at the end of the month when so many people get their income in the early part of the month.

With all the controversy over Columbus Day I think the USA should move Thanksgiving to that holiday date in October (like in Canada).

Nope, nor any of the other 30ish shopping days before Christmas. My gift giving budget is $0 and has been that amount for the past 18-20 years. Since I stopped the madness, I have enjoyed every holiday season since. :)

For me, Black Friday is only about "gift-giving" to myself... but all done ONLINE... I stopped exchanging gifts with acquaintances long ago, and I have no family. However my neighbor, whom I wrote about in another thread about my Louis Vuitton luggage THINKS she is getting it as a holiday gift. Will she be surprised (and disappointed) when she only gets a Velour lounger from Ophra's Favorite things list. she is the only gift I am giving because she HAS been good to me all year.