Swimming At The Beach?

Avalon
This topic is 2332 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've never been swimming at the beach. So you drive there wearing your swim trunks and a pair of flip flops. You bring a towel. You put your wallet in the glove box. But where do put the car keys?

Has your towel or flip flops ever been stolen while you're in the water?

Always a beach conundrum.....

I leave my keys in my beach bag while I swim.

It’s a small risk. I only carry my drivers license

and a small amount of cash with me that I lock

in my glove compartment when I go to the beach

to swim.

That and I swim at nice beaches where everyone

else has way better shit to steal than I do.

Never had anything stolen...and I go a lot.

I've never been swimming at the beach. So you drive there wearing your swim trunks and a pair of flip flops. You bring a towel. You put your wallet in the glove box. But where do put the car keys?

Put your towel down next to a hot guy(s) then say Hi - My Im hi end Toyota - my friends call me Avalon! His name LA-Vander and he is an investment banker

-So if he steals your money it will be well invested. You ask him to watch your stuff he agrees -- by the time you know it you two are making out under his beach blanket.

This reminds me of an old sitcom joke used often in the 1970s. The husband asks the wife "what's the first thing we are going to do on our vacation?" She responds "Lose our travelers checks."

Put your keys in a bag with all of your necessities: water bottle, bar of soap, suntan lotion and any other "protection" in case you get lucky doing more than applying lotion to others. Then hope for the best. Or invest in one of those vehicles you just key numbers in to unlock.

At the "clothing optional" beaches, nobody walks around with their keys although some sport fancy rings in strategic places.

I only have ever been to the beach where I could walk to it from a rental holiday home, or in a group, so that someone could stay with our things, or at a private beach which belonged to my hotel.

I agree that leaving your car keys unattended on the beach is worse than leaving your wallet, it is worth much more!

Towel and flip flops: no, but that wouldn’t bother me much.

Are you sure you were raised on this planet Avalon ? Now I am curious about YOUR childhood !

Whether you swim at the beach or not, your prep and travel behavior should be the same, whatever that routine is. I go to a nude Gay beach, so its all a moot point, and valuables always stay WITH ME.....

Are you sure you were raised on this planet Avalon ? Now I am curious about YOUR childhood !

Ahhhh... the great Arthurian island of low hanging fruit.

I go to a nude Gay beach, so its all a moot point, and valuables always stay WITH ME.....

Sometimes the fruit there is low hanging and sometimes not.

I think you should explain all the joys of fun-in-the-sun-with-no-tanlines. At least nobody has pockets to hide your keys in when they wish to steal your car.

How was it that Al Jolson sang it?

Every morn' my memories stray

Across the sea where flying fishes play.

And as the night is falling

I find that I'm recalling

That blissful all-enthralling day.

When I was a boy I and a female cousin my age would spend Summers with our grandmother. We walked to the public pool. And she'd take us camping for our month along with a neighbor woman and her two grandchildren - siblings, a boy and girl - our age.

Dear Amy: I am a 31-year-old mom. My two daughters are seven and five.

When we go to the beach, I always wear a thong or G-string bottom. My daughters have started to scrunch their bathing suit bottoms so their suits look like mine.

When we were shopping for new suits, my 7-year-old asked for a thong or G-string suit, just like the ones I wear.

She could not find one in the girls’ department, and was very disappointed. My mother suggested that I buy a regular suit and take it to a seamstress and have it altered.

I don’t know if it’s appropriate for a 7-year-old to wear a thong or G-string bathing suit bottom. What do you think?

— Wondering Mom

Dear Mom: A good and basic rule to remember (in this and all things) is: If you’re wondering if something is appropriate, then it probably isn’t. This applies to behavior and bathing suits.

The reason your daughters couldn’t find a thong or G-string bathing suit bottom in the girls’ department is because in this culture thongs and G-strings are considered “sexy,” and thus not suitable for children.

Children should be dressed in ways that make it comfortable for them to swim and play. They are not mini-adults, and are not old enough to understand the sort of objectification that often accompanies the suit that you choose to wear.

And while I agree that this objectification is wrong, you should protect your daughters from it while they are young.

Dear White Trash: It's not enough that you're a tramp, you have to turn your daughters into tramps, too?

I only have ever been to the beach where I could walk to it from a rental holiday home, or in a group, so that someone could stay with our things, or at a private beach which belonged to my hotel.

I agree that leaving your car keys unattended on the beach is worse than leaving your wallet, it is worth much more!

Towel and flip flops: no, but that wouldn’t bother me much.

You can get a Keyring Sized like a Cockring - VIOLA! Two problems solved!

Board shorts I have either a clip for a key or a small mesh bag to place the car key inside.

For square trunk boxers, use the strings to attach the key and tie the strings.

I don't wear posers to the beach; material doesn't stand up to salt water. I found that out when living in Miami. The salt makes the material floppy in nature.

• 1 month later...

Small shaving kit bag. In a paperbag. Set up the towel. Dig a hole. Put shaving kit in hole. Make a show of ripping up the paper bag. Discreetly mark the burial site with a largish paper bag piece. Cover with a towel Make a point a showing people you are throwing the paper bag out. This seems extreme, but if you are a worrier, you are a worrier. Me? Keys in shoe. Money in sock in shoe. One shoe on each corner of the top of the beach towel. Drying towel as a pillow, covering the shoes., trying to keep sand out. Worst that happens is some clever thief get a valet key for a car and 20 bucks in cash and some unwashed and fairly ripe socks.