Kevin Spacey Accused of Sexual Misconduct, Confirms Rumors He Is Gay

Moondance
This topic is 1979 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Forced sex might be a brute, acute, dare I say intimate manifestation of power over another human being, but sexual gratification is most assuredly not the goal. Power is.

Most assuredly? According to whom? The actual rapists or the sociologists who claim to read their minds?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most assuredly? According to whom? The actual rapists or the sociologists who claim to read their minds?

According to virtually every professional association and study in the field. You can start with the American Psychiatric Association, although your silly comment about sociologists “mind reading” suggest you are impervious to actual scholarship. Let me know when you find a study that says, “ Hey, they just wanna get their rocks off.”

TV Anchor Heather Unruh says Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted her son

BOSTON GLOBE, NOVEMBER 8

Fighting back tears, former Channel 5 anchor Heather Unruh told reporters on Wednesday that actor Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted her teenage son during an encounter last year at a Nantucket bar.

“It harmed him and it cannot be undone,” said Unruh, who was flanked by her daughter and her lawyer, Mitchell Garabedian.

Unruh said her son, then 18, was initially “starstruck” when he met Spacey at the Club Car restaurant in July of 2016. She said Spacey plied her son with alcohol before allegedly touching his genitals.

Her son, now 19, fled when Spacey excused himself to use the bathroom and a woman urged the youth to run, Unruh said. She said the teen sprinted home to his grandmother’s house and woke up his sister after the incident.

“Shame on you for what you did to my son,” Unruh said, directly addressing Spacey, whose career is in free fall after several men have recently accused him of sexual assault in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal.

Unruh described her son as “a very strong young man. He does his best to deal with it, but it’s always there.”

She said he filed a report last week with Nantucket police and provided investigators with evidence.

Unruh said she wants “to see Kevin Spacey go to jail.”

Garabedian told reporters his office will conduct its own investigation into the incident and then contact Spacey.

The Globe reported in July 2016 that Spacey had been on Nantucket, and Unruh said Wednesday that the actor had visited the island previously. “I know at least one other person who was on Nantucket who was also a target of Spacey,” Unruh said.

A lawyer for Spacey didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Spacey, 58, announced last week through a publicist that he was seeking treatment after another actor, Anthony Rapp, sent shockwaves through the film industry with allegations that Spacey made an unwanted sexual advance after a party at Spacey’s home in the 1980s.

Spacey was 26 at the time and Rapp was 14.

Spacey’s initial response to Rapp’s allegation was widely criticized. He tweeted that he’s “beyond horrified to hear [Rapp’s] story. . . . I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago. But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior, and I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years.”

He went on to state publicly that he is gay, which was irrelevant to Rapp’s allegation.

In the days since, others have come forward to talk about their alleged experiences with Spacey.

WOW!!! Both Variety and Hollywood Reporter claim that director Ridley Scott is going to recast and reshoot Spacey's scenes in his latest film All the Money in the World.

Spacey will be replaced by Christopher Plummer, who's 90 years old, and will play J Paul Getty in the film. This is a huge deal and likely no other director could have this kind of clout.

The film is due for release December 22. This is a huge gamble but illustrates how toxic any association with Kevin Spacey has become. His career is over.

BOSTON GLOBE, NOVEMBER 8

Fighting back tears, former Channel 5 anchor Heather Unruh told reporters on Wednesday that actor Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted her teenage son during an encounter last year at a Nantucket bar.

“It harmed him and it cannot be undone,” said Unruh, who was flanked by her daughter and her lawyer, Mitchell Garabedian.

Unruh said her son, then 18, was initially “starstruck” when he met Spacey at the Club Car restaurant in July of 2016. She said Spacey plied her son with alcohol before allegedly touching his genitals.

Her son, now 19, fled when Spacey excused himself to use the bathroom and a woman urged the youth to run, Unruh said. She said the teen sprinted home to his grandmother’s house and woke up his sister after the incident.

“Shame on you for what you did to my son,” Unruh said, directly addressing Spacey, whose career is in free fall after several men have recently accused him of sexual assault in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal.

Unruh described her son as “a very strong young man. He does his best to deal with it, but it’s always there.”

She said he filed a report last week with Nantucket police and provided investigators with evidence.

I am in no way condoning what Spacey did to the woman's son, but it hardly seems like the kind of thing the kid is going to be scarred for life by as opposed to pissed off at Kevin Spacey. Sometimes the proper response is a punch in the face rather than a lawsuit.

I am in no way condoning what Spacey did to the woman's son, but it hardly seems like the kind of thing the kid is going to be scarred for life by as opposed to pissed off at Kevin Spacey. Sometimes the proper response is a punch in the face rather than a lawsuit.

Unless you've been sexually abused as a kid, HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU STATE THAT THE KIDS NOT GOING TO BE SCARRED FOR LIFE?!?!?! I've worked with and known NUMEROUS guys that were abused as kids. This doesn't go away. It affects them the rest of their lives.

Unless you've been sexually abused as a kid, HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU STATE THAT THE KIDS NOT GOING TO BE SCARRED FOR LIFE?!?!?! I've worked with and known NUMEROUS guys that were abused as kids. This doesn't go away. It affects them the rest of their lives.

Thanks, OneFinger. How anyone could think it would ever go away is way beyond belief.

You posted just as I was almost ready to give up.

BOSTON GLOBE, NOVEMBER 8

Garabedian told reporters his office will conduct its own investigation into the incident and then contact Spacey.

The Globe reported in July 2016 that Spacey had been on Nantucket, and Unruh said Wednesday that the actor had visited the island previously. “I know at least one other person who was on Nantucket who was also a target of Spacey,” Unruh said.

A lawyer for Spacey didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Spacey, 58, announced last week through a publicist that he was seeking treatment after another actor, Anthony Rapp, sent shockwaves through the film industry with allegations that Spacey made an unwanted sexual advance after a party at Spacey’s home in the 1980s.

Spacey was 26 at the time and Rapp was 14.

Spacey’s initial response to Rapp’s allegation was widely criticized. He tweeted that he’s “beyond horrified to hear [Rapp’s] story. . . . I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago. But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior, and I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years.”

He went on to state publicly that he is gay, which was irrelevant to Rapp’s allegation.

In the days since, others have come forward to talk about their alleged experiences with Spacey.

I especially liked the clause at the end of this sentence: “He went on to state publicly that he is gay, which was irrelevant to Rapp’s allegation.” So often that part is just left off, so good on the Globe for including it.

I'm talking about the adult groped in a bar. In front of other people.

I'm talking about the case of the legal adult groped in a bar in front of other people. That's orders of magnitude less than what other victims are relaying. The mother is acting as if this guy was fucking her 10-year-old in secret when her 18-year-old had his crotch grabbed in public.

The mother is acting as if this guy was fucking her 10-year-old in secret when her 18-year-old had his crotch grabbed in public.

Maybe because he's HER son and GODDAMN KEVIN SPACEY doesn't get to GRAB HIS CROTCH IN PUBLIC.

Maybe because HER SON has been grappling with feelings of anger/shame/confusion that a man he admired, 40 years older, would do something so crude and demeaning to him IN FRONT OF OTHER PEOPLE, something that prompted a stranger who witnessed GODDAMN KEVIN SPACEY's abuse to intervene and tell the boy to run.

Maybe because both mother and son had been feeling POWERLESS against GODDAMN KEVIN SPACEY, for the past year and now, finally feeling she could publicly tell her story, all the parental emotion toward someone who MISTREATED HER CHILD came out.

Fighting back tears, former Channel 5 anchor Heather Unruh told reporters on Wednesday that actor Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted her teenage son during an encounter last year at a Nantucket bar. “It harmed him and it cannot be undone,” said Unruh, who was flanked by her daughter and her lawyer, Mitchell Garabedian.

Mitchell Garabedian is the crusading attorney portrayed in Spotlight, the film about the long cover-up of Catholic priests in Boston sexually abusing children in their parishes. It's on Netflix, and worth seeing -- or seeing again -- particularly for the portrayals of adults still struggling with what happened to them as kids.

Mitchell Garabedian is the crusading attorney portrayed in Spotlight, the film about the long cover-up of Catholic priests in Boston sexually abusing children in their parishes. It's on Netflix, and worth seeing -- or seeing again -- particularly for the portrayals of adults still struggling with what happened to them as kids.

+ 1

Spotlight also does a great job of depicting the toll on people who keep quiet about (or cover up) sexual abuse. It's not easy when you have to face the fact that your silence might have contributed to others being victimized -- perhaps many others, perhaps in worse ways.