Christmas and New Year's

ericwinters
This topic is 2415 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I can't argue with others who have said go to Australia. There is so much to see and do in the southeast. Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart and Adelaide (and the countryside near them). The tropics, not so much, it's the wet season so it's hot and humid and rains a lot. New Zealand is also a good choice. There's plenty to see and do in the rest of the Pacific. Even Hawai'i. If you're into diving, Tarawa in Kiribati or the Solomon Islands have mind-blowing WW2 wrecks. Tahiti and New Caledonia are tropical and French. (For that matter you could also go to Martinique in the West Indies, but there are other islands that were not affected by the hurricanes, apart from the French ones.)

I've got some time off over the holidays this year.

Usually I'd go back East and be bored while my family works and so... And don't forget I'd freeze my ass off too.

Where is a good place to go for a single 40's gay guy? I know a cruise is not for me.

Thoughts?

I have never yet been there, but I hear the saunas in Rio are fantastic.

Also, very little jet lag.

I stayed in Sydney the entire time. Also Christmas in Vietnam , Germany and also Malibu

There’s a magic to Christmas in Germany that I remember from my Army days. Check out the Kriskindlemart in Nuremberg. It’s similar to the magic in NYC during the season. But alas it’s ain’t warm.

When I was in Hawai'i, one of my American colleagues asked me if I thought it strange for it to be hot at Christmas time (as it was in Hawai'i). I had to say, 'Umm, no'.

Hahaha - I forgot for a bit that you're from Australia. Reminds me of "Muriel's Wedding", when she's trying on wedding dresses and the bridal store woman asks her when the wedding is. Muriel says "September" in a (to me, at least) very strong Australian accent ("Siptimbah"), and the woman sighs "Ah, spring. Ivory!"

Archived