Famous AirBnb host Aaron Paul is pregnant

samhexum
This topic is 2213 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Break out the diapers: "Breaking Bad" star Aaron Paul is going to be a dad.

Paul, 38, announced Tuesday that he and his wife Lauren are expecting their first child.

You can book Aaron Paul's ridiculously gorgeous home for $400 on Airbnb

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F92902%2Faaronpaulairbnb.jpg

If you've ever wondered how a Breaking Bad star lives, it's in a palatial, two-bedroom house in the bustling city of Boise, Idaho. And now's your chance to get a taste of the action.

Actor Aaron Paul has listed his Boise home on Airbnb, for travelers who are craving a bit of big sky with all the comforts required for a Hollywood A-lister — including an indoor pool, wood-lined interiors and a geothermal hot spring that powers the entire home.n

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F92862%2F8a7cf374-d4d8-472a-9483-da363824d140.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F92864%2Fdd37056a-7be7-47a3-9340-bb60986ca047.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F92870%2Fe18e8c13-1ed6-406c-b4d6-dc360da18d28.jpg

The two-bedroom, two-bathroom house is listed for $560 AUD (about $400 USD) per night, which, split between a few friends, is an incredibly affordable price for such a gorgeous place.

"Breaking Bad actor Aaron Paul is no stranger to the Airbnb community...Guests can relax in Paul’s geothermal hot spring, located in the centre of the estate, which can be altered to their temperature preference," an press release from Airbnb said. "Paul’s home is the go-to Airbnb to rent while visiting Boise."

The home is also situated in a nice, suburban area that is close to downtown Boise.

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F92872%2F8d3c52d3-96fd-4fae-83cc-bb37be3b5aed.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F92875%2F05901afc-38f9-4383-a0ee-431ebbe2ad02.jpg

Currently, the direct link to the Airbnb listing for Paul's home redirects to a search for other Boise estates.

Mashable has reached out to Airbnb on the status of Paul's rental and its current availability.

However, if you've ever wanted to visit Boise, here's a way to do it right.

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F92879%2F04876ef2-6650-4e23-b56b-2bf8d576d329.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F92881%2F3116c05a-5bb9-430b-a4d8-c85bcb677481.jpg

I thought you were talking about an FTM trans-sexual who'd gotten pregnant as a man. I'd like to see that. It's never crossed my mind that I could get a man I fucked pregnant, but I suppose it's possible, now that I think about it.

I thought you were talking about an FTM trans-sexual who'd gotten pregnant as a man. I'd like to see that.

It's happened, on googling it's apparently fairly common. This example was the subject of a documentary on national television a couple of years ago (I remembered watching it at the time, so I looked for it specifically, and saw others in the search results).

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-10/melbourne-transgender-man-blessed-to-have-given-birth/6678726

I thought you were talking about an FTM trans-sexual who'd gotten pregnant as a man. I'd like to see that. It's never crossed my mind that I could get a man I fucked pregnant, but I suppose it's possible, now that I think about it.

I had always assumed part of the FTM surgery was a hysterectomy. I guess not. Do they ovulate and have periods or is that suppressed through the hormonal manipulation?

I had always assumed part of the FTM surgery was a hysterectomy. I guess not. Do they ovulate and have periods or is that suppressed through the hormonal manipulation?

That assumes he has had the surgery. From what I've read, they don't all do so, relying instead in hormonal therapy. The guy in the link I posted hadn't had surgery, and as I read it was relying on hormones which he deliberatively stopped taking for a while to bear a child.

• 1 month later...

AIRPBnJ is in the news again:

Australian man raped, killed by three men he met through Airbnb

An Australian man was raped and killed at an Airbnb home in Melbourne by three men he met through the online service, authorities said.

Ramis Jonuzi was in the process of leaving the Brighton East residence when he was attacked by Craig Levy, Ryan Smart, and Jason Colton last week,according to The Age.

Colton is accused of sexually assaulting the 36-year-old Jonuzi with an object. All three were charged with murder.

"He was definitely experiencing some problems, and he just needed a cheap and stable place to live," a Jonuzi pal told The Age.

Couple finds hidden camera in bedroom of Airbnb home

Jonuzi was paying $30 a night to stay in the home, according to the Guardian. While he met the suspects through Airbnb, he "did not hang out with these people," a friend told The Age.

Some online reviewers called the house where Jonuzi stayed unsafe.

"Better way to spend a night, buy a $50 hammer smash your hand with it and go to the emergency hospital," a reviewer wrote last year, according to The Age.

Airbnb could not immediately be reached for the comment, but the online marketplace and hospitality service told The Age in a statement that they were "deeply saddened and outraged" by the slaying.

"The family will have our full support and our hearts go out to them and all of his friends," the statement said. "We have removed this listing from our platform and will fully cooperate with law enforcement on their investigation. There is no place on Airbnb for such an abhorrent act, which violates everything our global community stands for."

Friends were unsure why Jonuzi was attacked, but tributes poured out for him on Facebook.

"Rest in peace to one of the most genuine, loving guys I ever met," one person wrote.

• 6 months later...

A Manhattan judge has ordered an artist booted from her $1,500-a-month Tribeca loft and is making her pay a record-setting $185,000 fine for illegally renting it out on Airbnb.

Eileen Hickey, 72 — whose artwork has appeared in “Eat Pray Love” and other films — was first sued by the owner of 460 Greenwich St. in 2014 over illegal sublets in her rent-stabilized home of 43 years.

Landlord Robert Moskowitz claimed Hickey, whose apartment spans the entire fourth floor, had raked in some $4,500 a month via her Airbnb guests from Spain, California and New Orleans.

Meanwhile, she admittedly owns an East Village condo — but claims to use it as an office.

Moskowitz caught Hickey red-handed when a Spanish sublet tenant hung a banner from the fire escape of the 1,400-square-foot unit to welcome friends.

“Hickey has engaged in outrageous behavior using her rent-stabilized apartment as an illegal hotel,” Moskowitz fumes in court papers.

“She has engaged in rent profiteering and commercial exploitation . . . Her actions are in violation of the [state] Rent Stabilization Code and a number of other laws.”

But Hickey, a former Guggenheim Museum curator, insists she’s a “platinum tenant” who turned to Airbnb briefly to pay her now-former husband’s medical bills.

“I used Airbnb starting in September 2012 for a total of 85 nights over 10 months to help pay the bills in a brief family emergency, not to earn a living,” she told The Post.

Hickey claims an attorney she had consulted gave her the green light to list the two-bedroom unit on Airbnb.

“I wouldn’t knowingly break the law,” she said, referring to the state’s Multiple Dwelling Law, which bars tenants from renting out their apartments for fewer than 30 days at a stretch. The Rent Stabilization Code also prohibits tenants from profiting off below-market-rate pads.

She said she earned a total of $14,000, which she claims she’s paying back to her guests in a desperate attempt to save her apartment.

An Airbnb spokesman did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

Hickey lost the case after repeatedly failing to turn over court-ordered documents, including bank and credit-card statements, because she was “in the Hamptons,” according to the landlord.

This week, Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Nancy Bannon authorized a city sheriff to “take all necessary steps . . . to effect the removal and ejection of Eileen Hickey . . . from said premises at 460 Greenwich St.”

Hickey, a downtown-gallery fixture, has until June 9 to get out. “To have no place to go at age 72 is quite horrible,” she said.

The $185,000 fine covers the landlord’s legal fees plus a penalty for violating the Rent Stabilization Code.

Industry experts say it’s the highest known penalty in the United States for an individual Airbnb host illegally renting out a single property.

Large-scale Airbnb operators who list multiple properties on the website have previously been fined more than $1 million by the city.