PALM SPRINGS WEEKEND 2018

Epigonos
This topic is 2228 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope everyone has a great time in PS - I have been able to attend a couple of times, but haven't been able to in the past few years. Instead I am here in the cold, snowy, rainy midwest, missing the warm poolside sun and camaraderie of this gathering.

Just came back from a terrific weekend in Palm Springs. It was great meeting the other Forum members and Oliver was the perfect host. The dinner at Trio was a lot of fun (and yes, many cute waiters). I got to sit by Vin Marco at dinner (what a sweetheart!). Poolside at Canyon Club was very refreshing and engaging. I had a great time with Draven Navarro (an amazing guy inside & out). The icing on the cake was Oliver's Pool Party in Cathedral City (drinks and food and hot men galore + Deviled Eggs!@@!). The weather the whole vibe was great--the town was buzzing with Coachella. Thank you to everyone for a memorable weekend.

-Stephen

Just came back from a terrific weekend in Palm Springs. It was great meeting the other Forum members and Oliver was the perfect host. The dinner at Trio was a lot of fun (and yes, many cute waiters). I got to sit by Vin Marco at dinner (what a sweetheart!). Poolside at Canyon Club was very refreshing and engaging. I had a great time with Draven Navarro (an amazing guy inside & out). The icing on the cake was Oliver's Pool Party in Cathedral City (drinks and food and hot men galore + Deviled Eggs!@@!). The weather the whole vibe was great--the town was buzzing with Coachella. Thank you to everyone for a memorable weekend.

-Stephen

Let the reports and reflections begin!

Robster is packing and soon we'll be on the road heading home. :( Every year seems to outdo the year prior and this year was no different. To say we had an amazing time would be a huge understatement. If you have the chance to attend next year, jump at it. This year's unexpected cherry on the top was seeing Jennifer Holliday perform in a tiny venue and getting a picture with her afterwards.

I arrived back to DC a couple of hours ago. Palm Springs was a great experience. It was an immense pleasure meeting @Guy Fawkes and so many virtual friends, and to be able to continue developing personal rapport with those I had already met in previous gatherings. I look forward to next Palm Springs, and encourage forum members from all over the country to volunteer and organize local meetings. It does not have to be spectacular like PS, just a excuse to get together and share in an atmosphere of camaraderie.

Thank you so much to @Oliver and @Epigonos for hosting the pool party. The first empanadas Epi ever fried were delicious, and he will make them even better next time. Por Evita, Epi!

For those who like gossiping, when I was leaving I heard a rumor. Two forum members were seen eating each other faces by the pool last night, and then moved the action to one of the rooms. I was told the moaning was pretty loud.

Edited by latbear4blk

I initially misread "faces" as "feces".

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did!!

We just got home a couple of hours ago. As always, the only thing I didn't like about the weekend is that it had to end. :)

This was our sixth (!) consecutive PS weekend, and they just get better and better. The pool parties were so much fun (thank you, David and Oliver!) and the dinner at Trio, of course, was a highlight of our weekend. It's always so nice to reconnect with friends we don't see often enough, and to make new friends too.

Karaoke at Streetbar last night was an unexpected treat. Quite a nice turnout, and some truly amazing singers in our midst!

Thank you all for a wonderful weekend. We're already looking forward to seeing you guys again next year.

Rob

Flying back to IAD tomorrow and really don’t want to leave. It’s been an incredible fun filled weekend meeting old friends and making new ones. This was my second year and I thoroughly enjoy the experience. Have already booked Inndulge for next year. And plan to extend the dates as well.

Many thanks to @Oliver and @Epigonos for all the hard work and dedication in making this entire weekend possible. We are in your debt for the fun times and new friends we have all made this weekend. Thank You.

Can’t wait for next year.

Thanks latb, I've read and enjoyed your first two blog posts about the weekend.

I took the day off at work also today. I was very tired after a week end of abusing weed and alcohol, plus the jet lag. I wish I was tired of having sex, but hopefully I will have more the next time, when I feel more comfortable in Canyon Club.

I have to write Day 3 now. The pool party!