PALM SPRINGS WEEKEND 2018

Epigonos
This topic is 2232 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've started preparing the marinades and sauces. I'll really get serious starting on Monday doing the prep work for the various food items. Don't set your expectations too high for the empanadas this is the first time I've made them and they just might be awful. They're frozen now and I'm bringing my deep fryer with me and will thaw them prior to frying them.

Learning a new recipe to be more inclusive of a few of us and taking all the work of preparing them and carrying them and the equipment to fry them, willing to expand a tradition and leave your comfort zone, they all are wonderful acts that speak loudly of your character. I will devour them.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no organized activities though it is likely that people are getting together. You will meet people at the pol and things will kind of develop. There seems to be something going on in PS every night so it may just be a matter of looking around. Of course you may just enjoy sitting around the pool talking to people over cock tails.

Sounds great. Perhaps a walk to the closest pot shop, and then chilling in the pool.

Lovendino & I were going to resort hop (CC & INNdulge) and maybe go to SpurLine.

SpurLine is now Quadz. By the way, Wayne and I will be doing karaoke there Thursday night, 9-midnight. They're raising money for a guy who's participating in this year's AIDS Lifecycle ride from SF to LA. They'll be selling raffle tickets, and all the tips the karaoke host gets will be donated too. Hope you guys can join us!

Rob

It's a WEEK AWAY!@@! Can't wait to escape the gloomy Bay Area for the Sun&Fun down in Palm Springs.

I've already booked a session with Draven Navarro for Sat afternoon (before the Trio dinner)---I'm sure I'll work up an appetite :}}

Looking forward to meeting you gents.

p.s. Any recommendations on gyms near Canyon Club?

Merci

You don't even need to walk to a pot shop in Palm Springs. We deliver right to you! WWW.KINGSGARDENDELIVERIES.COM

First, after reading really quickly, I thought it said "pet shop." I thought why would anyone want to adopt a pet. Then re-reading I realized it was a great idea. And, of course, I wondered whether anyone was going to use the services and whether there might be ideas of splitting as the non-progressive state residents would not be able to bring stuff home. Also, anything thought of what type you would like? Plus, you can buy edibles rather than smoking.

SpurLine is now Quadz. By the way, Wayne and I will be doing karaoke there Thursday night, 9-midnight. They're raising money for a guy who's participating in this year's AIDS Lifecycle ride from SF to LA. They'll be selling raffle tickets, and all the tips the karaoke host gets will be donated too. Hope you guys can join us!

Rob

That sounds like fun. If my biological clock has adjusted from Eastern Time by then, I will swing by.

p.s. Any recommendations on gyms near Canyon Club?

WorkOUT Gym is about a mile away, right down N. Palm Canyon from Canyon Club. I've been there once. I liked it, but thought it was a little small. But they've moved into a bigger building since then.

There's also World Gym, about a mile and a half away at Vista Chino and Sunrise. I haven't been there yet (actually thinking about going next Friday) but I hear it's huge. And it's a World Gym, so I'm sure it's pretty great. :)

Hope that helps, looking forward to meeting you!

Rob

WorkOUT Gym is about a mile away, right down N. Palm Canyon from Canyon Club. I've been there once. I liked it, but thought it was a little small. But they've moved into a bigger building since then.

There's also World Gym, about a mile and a half away at Vista Chino and Sunrise. I haven't been there yet (actually thinking about going next Friday) but I hear it's huge. And it's a World Gym, so I'm sure it's pretty great. :)

Hope that helps, looking forward to meeting you!

Rob

When I lived in Palm Springs, I was a member of world gym. It’s really nice, well-equipped, and cruisy, as you would expect – I haven’t been there in over a decade, but I imagine it’s pretty much the same.

You don't even need to walk to a pot shop in Palm Springs. We deliver right to you! WWW.KINGSGARDENDELIVERIES.COM

Thank you so much for the tip, friend, but I thought it twice.

I have never been in a state where weed is fully legal. I loved perusing the menus in the website you shared and envying how much better the market is in CA compared against DC, but I want to smell it. I want to walk in the store and be overwhelmed by the abundance and the variety. I want to touch and smell as much brands as possible. I want to swim on it.

Could you recommend a good pot shop near Canyon Club, my Rasta brother?

3BC0089B84BF15D798104FC2149D9AA3FC16064E

Could you recommend a good pot shop near Canyon Club, my Rasta brother?

Hope you don't mind me butting in but there are a couple that I like that are good but a little bit off the beaten path (about a 15-20 minute ride from the club). One is Desert Organic Solutions in North Palm Springs and the other is Desert's Finest in Desert Hot Springs. A great resource is weedmaps.com Just type in Palm Springs and you can pull up a list of pot shops in the area along with full menus and reviews if you'd like to get a feel for the places before visiting one. It also gives you a list of the prices which vary a lot in the desert.

Hope you don't mind me butting in but there are a couple that I like that are good but a little bit off the beaten path (about a 15-20 minute ride from the club). One is Desert Organic Solutions in North Palm Springs and the other is Desert's Finest in Desert Hot Springs. A great resource is weedmaps.com Just type in Palm Springs and you can pull up a list of pot shops in the area along with full menus and reviews if you'd like to get a feel for the places before visiting one. It also gives you a list of the prices which vary a lot in the desert.

Thanks, bud! ;)

Thank you so much for the tip, friend, but I thought it twice.

I have never been in a state where weed is fully legal. I loved perusing the menus in the website you shared and envying how much better the market is in CA compared against DC, but I want to smell it. I want to walk in the store and be overwhelmed by the abundance and the variety. I want to touch and smell as much brands as possible. I want to swim on it.

Could you recommend a good pot shop near Canyon Club, my Rasta brother? . . .

The whole thing makes me dizzy. To be in a place where you don't have to worry about having pot is exhilarating. But at least the first couple of times I know that I will have to actually go into a store. I need to describe exactly the effect I would like because in the old days you got what you got. It will be nice to say something akin to "I would like to be high but not sleepy." I have begun to believe in god again.

The whole thing makes me dizzy. To be in a place where you don't have to worry about having pot is exhilarating. But at least the first couple of times I know that I will have to actually go into a store. I need to describe exactly the effect I would like because in the old days you got what you got. It will be nice to say something akin to "I would like to be high but not sleepy." I have begun to believe in god again.

Yes! I highly recommend the experience of going to a dispensary over getting a delivery. There’s something about being in the environment, and taking the time to talk with your budtender about what you’re looking for. Plus, you get to be around other people who are buying. Someone above mentioned weed maps as a resource, I would also recommend leafly. It’s an app for your phone as well as the website, and it will automatically GPS where you are and show you the closest dispensaries, along with reviews, operating hours, and other pertinent information. Also, leafly has strain reviews, so you can get an idea about what strains my appeal to you.

Yes! I highly recommend the experience of going to a dispensary over getting a delivery. There’s something about being in the environment, and taking the time to talk with your budtender about what you’re looking for. Plus, you get to be around other people who are buying. Someone above mentioned weed maps as a resource, I would also recommend leafly. It’s an app for your phone as well as the website, and it will automatically GPS where you are and show you the closest dispensaries, along with reviews, operating hours, and other pertinent information. Also, leafly has strain reviews, so you can get an idea about what strains my appeal to you.

I'm loving this world.