Women you had a crush on

samhexum
This topic is 1770 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gjIFpc2Ps_g/VLA4KMf5CRI/AAAAAAAACX4/5AAbsJ0wsIw/s1600/Joan%2BBaez%2Bin%2BHannoi.jpg

Joan Baez

By complete accident I was in Germany and Joan was in Hanoi during Nixon's christmas bombing of Hanoi in Dec. 1972. The war was already lost for S. Vietnam and the U.S., so it made no sense.

I spent a year in Vietnam (1968-1969), and pissed that it came to this. Glad Baez was safe, but it must not have been easy She is retiring. So I have seen her perform in every decade since the 1960s, but perhaps not again.

A wonderful person.

Edited by WilliamM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gjIFpc2Ps_g/VLA4KMf5CRI/AAAAAAAACX4/5AAbsJ0wsIw/s1600/Joan%2BBaez%2Bin%2BHannoi.jpg

Joan Baez

By complete accident I was in Germany and Joan was in Hanoi during Nixon's christmas bombing of Hanoi in Dec. 1972. The war was already lost for S. Vietnam and the U.S., so it made no sense.

I spent a year in Vietnam (1968-1969), and pissed that it come to this. Glad Baez was safe, but it must not have been easy She is retiring. So I have seen her perform in every decade since the 1960s, but perhaps not again.

A wonderful person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_ksYL26lZE

http://www.oldlifemagazines.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/v/cv102265_1.jpg

Mary Martin

She realized it was a grave mistake to entertain in Vietnam as soon as she arrived in 1965 and the press corps was so critical. LBJ asked her, and Mary foolishly agreed. Mary knew the young men and women in the military knew her from "Peter Pan," So maybe she could help.

Edited by WilliamM

maxresdefault.jpg

Sen. Margaret Chase Smith (R-Maine)

Four term U.S. Senator (1949-1973)

Honored by Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine)

I was only at the Senate when a vote was in progress once around 1970-71. Sen. Smith was the only women in the Senate. Senators walk in, vote and leave. More well-known male senators were barely noticed by the audience. Mrs. Smith (only woman) and Sen. Ted Kennedy were noticed.

• 1 month later...
I’ve been on an ABBA kick since NewYear’s eve, including reading/watching old interviews, & I seem to be developing one on Agnetha Faltskog (the blonde).

Agnetha took a long sabbatical from music after 1987. She released an album of covers of some of the favorite songs of her youth in 2004 (called My Colouring Book), then in 2013 she released an album of new songs (simply called A). It's pretty good, & her voice still sounded sweet and clear.

1-Back on your radio

2-Dance your pain away

3-I Should've Followed You Home

4-Perfume in the Breeze

5-The one who loves you now

6-When you really love someone

7-Past Forever

8-Bubble

9-I Keep Them on the Floor Beside My Bed

10-I Was a Flower

Edited by samhexum

I have discovered Kim Novak again in "Vertigo" and "Bell Book and Candle" both with James Stewart.

So perhaps Kim Novak, who is now likely in her 80s:confused:

I had a friend who was such a fan of Kim Novak especially in "Vertigo" that he named his daughter Kim.

Wow who knew? She also played a role in NCIS before they killed her off-on the show of course?

My brother in law had a major crush on her when she played that role. Yes, he was already married to my sister, but he remained faithful. Part of my Xmas present to him this year is this: (he's really a great guy)

61xGDp3%2BjWL._SY355_.jpg