why does rm have two sites

rustyrex
This topic is 2490 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

And what is the point of changing from rentmen.com to rent.men? Is there some significance in not having .com?

And now that the owner of rentboy has been sentenced, what likelihood is there that this site will continue? Is it in another legal jurisdiction where its business is legitimate?

If you take a look at the rent.men home page, you will see 25 sites listed and rentmen.com makes 26. That page indicates rent.men is the global site. As @Kurtis Wolfe said, rentmen.com will most likely be sunsetted at some point. My guess is they did not want to force their users to the new site via a redirect, so they are easing into the new site.

Now, if you would like a definitive answer (i.e. from the source) you could send a note to the webmaster. Should you choose to do that please report back to the group.

Yesterday while visiting the R.M site, I noticed that Top Bottom Versatile classifications have disappeared totally. A sign of the times?

I thought this once too. Then someone on here mentioned to me that they are still there. But you have to be logged into the site to see them.

Gman

So does this mean I have to "join" this site?

Only if you want to see positions. But joining doesn't equate to having to pay. I was previously a paid member. Now I'm an unpaid member. I can see positions but not their 'special' videos.

Gman

Only if you want to see positions. But joining doesn't equate to having to pay. I was previously a paid member. Now I'm an unpaid member. I can see positions but not their 'special' videos.

Gman

I think cock size is only listed for members as well. (Unintentional pun.)

I noticed no difference between the two sites. Recently my computer's security software has blocked Rent.Men. However, I merely change the url to rentmen.com and I'm able to see the same ad through Rentmen.com. I could just override the security software's blocking of Rent.Men, but I'm just too uneasy about doing that.

I don't know - things are strange. I just checked at Rent.men and I saw the old top versatile bottom thing right there plain as day. But the safe sex aspect is gone.

I can only state things about the mobile site as that's the usual place I access it. The info is there (if listed) if you join. It's the same policy, as far as I know, on Rentmen.com. When I'm not logged in, I don't see that info either. When I am logged in, it's there.

Gman

I thought this once too. Then someone on here mentioned to me that they are still there. But you have to be logged into the site to see them.

Gman

That's originally why I asked the question. That top/bottom thing is a must, just saves so much time and frustration. :)

Gman

That's originally why I asked the question. That top/bottom thing is a must, just saves so much time and frustration. :)

It lets them keep the two sites up at the same time; maybe measuring feedback/traffic to see if the new site design is more popular?

I've read here in the forum that rentmen is not based in the US, so less likely that it'll be raided as rentboy was.

So is this forum hosted in the US and if so is it safe to PM? When we leave a conversation does that mean the conversation is deleted, or does it still exist on the server somewhere?

Archived