Goodbye, Photobucket

WmClarke
This topic is 2498 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I use Photobucket to post images here. But that's "third party hosting" and Photobucket has decided that's not allowed with my current (free) account.

They said I need to upgrade. To a $400/year plan. Ha ha ha - best laugh I've had all year.

So if you like any photos I've posted here, grab a copy now. I assume that once Photobucket disables "third party hosting" for my account, they will no longer show up.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the heads up Sir Clarke!!!!

What the F@(k!!! I rarely use it to post here, but the pic of the flogger in my signature is from the bucket! In the past I have posted pics that I have taken at various Leather events such as Folsom East. Long story, but I didn't get there this year. I wonder if they will catch up with me.

Personally, I think that the bucket sucks. Was thinking of switching to Tinypic anynway. Are there problems with that as well? Any other suggestions?? Postimage? Thanks!!!!

Shoot! There's always something!!!

Edit: Something tells me that @Tonyko can fill us in on the best options as he always has great photos to share here!

Incidentally I have not yet received a notification, but I did go to their website and it's all spelled out there.

Truthfully even before hearing of this I was thinking of trying another site. Last time I posted something here a few months back it would not work from my iPad only via my laptop. Of course they did not explicitly say that, but I soon figured it out!

So good riddance!

Open a blog in any free hosting service, like blogger.com. You use it to post your pictures and you can share them here.

I notice that postimages does not allow "adult" material, but I would assume that would only refer to total nudity plus what can not be posted here directly anyway. Actually most of what I have posted here from photobucket were taken at outdoor leather gatherings and while "racy" were not X rated, just hot guys wearing leather. I would assume that would be allowed as a kid would see more exposed skin at the beach!

In x-rated instances would something like blogger.com come in handy?!?! Thanks!

I notice that postimages does not allow "adult" material, but I would assume that would only refer to total nudity plus what can not be posted here directly anyway. Actually most of what I have posted here from photobucket were taken at outdoor leather gatherings and while "racy" were not X rated, just hot guys wearing leather. I would assume that would be allowed as a kid would see more exposed skin at the beach!

In x-rated instances would something like blogger.com come in handy?!?! Thanks!

I was not thinking of X-rated pictures when I brought blogger.com to the table. No, I do not think they would allow it.

What about Twitter? I am having a lot of hot stuff there.

I just added a second flogger pic to my signature. The first one is via postimage the second one is from photobucket. It will be interesting to see if and when the pb image dissolves into cyberspace! Stay tuned! :)

Well I guess the bastards at PhotoBucket... caught up with me!

Since it rhymes with BUCKET...I'm gonna tell 'em to FUCKIT!

I am posting this for all to see what happened to my signature and why! I will disable the photo bucket connection and tell them good riddance!! But the second flogger was replaced with the following:

Fotor0731165311_zps32296d32.jpg?resize=620%2C620

Incidentally they never notified me and if it were not for the esteemed Sir @WmClarke who originated this thread I would have had no clue!

I am posting this for all to see what happened to my signature and why! I will disable the photo bucket connection and tell them good riddance!! But the second flogger was replaced with the following:

Incidentally they never notified me and if it were not for the esteemed Sir @WmClarke who originated this thread I would have had no clue!

Bastards!

Try the one @FreshFluff posted. It seems to work great and doesn't even require an account:

Bastards!

Try the one @FreshFluff posted. It seems to work great and doesn't even require an account:

Pay attention little sub-boi @WmClarke who I had elevated to knighthood... but is now demoted to sub-status... by rereading the following:

Thanks Fluff it's Merry Christmas in July!

IMG_1122.jpg

I just added a second flogger pic to my signature. The first one is via postimage the second one is from photobucket. It will be interesting to see if and when the pb image dissolves into cyberspace! Stay tuned! :)

So for your penance twenty-five good swats with a certain flogger... and they better be good ones... or else!!!! If you take them like a tough guy... yes "take it like a man"... the real man that you say that you are... without making a sound... and beg for even more punishment because that's only what you deserve... I might restore your knighthood!

Geez! And up until now I thought you were my best student! Shoot!!!!!! You obviously were not paying attention!!!!!! This guy will be showing up at your door:

2dd5521bf23e728d4ef60c76ffb42f4e.jpg

The only difference is that he will be sporting his "Sam Brown" ;) to support the extra heaving duty flogger that will be hanging from his belt! May the punishment begin!

:)

Not being a tech giant, I finally mastered Photobucket. Now it'll take me another 6 months to figure out whatever is the next site. ?tinypic ?tineye (or is that only for image searches?)

I stopped using Photobucket about a year or so ago. They did something to the app so that I couldn't insert a direct link anymore to the Forum that the Forum software accepted as an image. The URL had some extraneous characters that screwed up the link. Also I think this was on Photobucket and not another image site-but I mainly used Photobucket on my. phone. I shared a picture with someone, and he was able to see my entire Photobucket Album. Apparently on the full website there was an option to turn off letting someone you shared a photo with to then peruse your entire album. But it never said anything about that on the phone app version, so

I didnt know to turn the option off for a long time.

Gman

:oops:

I stopped using Photobucket about a year or so ago. They did something to the app so that I couldn't insert a direct link anymore to the Forum that the Forum software accepted as an image. The URL had some extraneous characters that screwed up the link. Also I think this was on Photobucket and not another image site-but I mainly used Photobucket on my. phone. I shared a picture with someone, and he was able to see my entire Photobucket Album. Apparently on the full website there was an option to turn off letting someone you shared a photo with to then peruse your entire album. But it never said anything about that on the phone app version, so

I didnt know to turn the option off for a long time.

Gman

Yes, I noticed that one could access an entire album as well... not a good thing... as in OOPS!!! :eek::oops:

Also, as I noted above, the main site would never work to post things from my iPad... I never even bothered to try from my phone... or use the app! It even sucked when using it on my laptop. Like they made it malfunction so that you would switch to the pay version. Well guess what! You're toast Photosuckit!

Archived