Landline

Moondance

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

6c3cbfff5582bf1d53fbf0470c9d29378c94e46d

This photo, taken at roughly the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Las Palmas Avenue in Hollywood, brings back a memory of the road not taken.

In 1961, I spent the summer after my freshman year of college in Los Angeles.  One fine day, I was walking on Sunset Boulevard and noticed a man in a vehicle following me.  I went around the block and he continued to follow me. I knew enough about life even then to recognize what was going on, but I had not yet come to terms with my sexuality.  To escape my pursuer, I ducked into the Blessed Sacrament Church in the photo. 

After college, I married and had children.  It was not until many years later that I accepted that I was bisexual.  I often wonder what course my life would have taken had I accepted the “ride”  the stranger was offering me at that tender age…..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 12:35 PM, Ganymede255 said:

This photo, taken at roughly the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Las Palmas Avenue in Hollywood, brings back a memory of the road not taken.

In 1961, I spent the summer after my freshman year of college in Los Angeles.  One fine day, I was walking on Sunset Boulevard and noticed a man in a vehicle following me.  I went around the block and he continued to follow me. I knew enough about life even then to recognize what was going on, but I had not yet come to terms with my sexuality.  To escape my pursuer, I ducked into the Blessed Sacrament Church in the photo. 

After college, I married and had children.  It was not until many years later that I accepted that I was bisexual.  I often wonder what course my life would have taken had I accepted the “ride”  the stranger was offering me at that tender age…..

I found myself in a similar situation as a young man and when the driver who had picked me up while I was hitchhiking offered cash to allow him to blow me, I took the cash and the hummer.  I got out of the car and then returned to the life I had been living and I did not have sex with a man for more than three decades.  So, your life may have been unrecognizably changed or, you may merely have gotten a blow job and moved on with an extra fifty in your pocket.    

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...