Daily Pietro Boselli

LoveNDino

I have re-read the @IndyGuy post a few times because your response to it suggested it was offensive in some way. I'm just curious as to what I might be missing in IndyGuy's post that is inappropriate. IndyGuy's post does not imply "huge assumptions," only a "vibe," and your response seems to closely confirm the same qualities in Dr. Boselli that IndyGuy perceived from his vibe. Please understand my inquiry is not a critique or a judgement, only a probe into my reading comprehension.

Thank you Sync. I thought MscleLovr post was misguided as well. I didn't assume anything … hence my use of the word "vibe"...

No @sync I certainly don’t see your response as critical. I’m glad that here almost all posters are polite and we can exchange views.

Perhaps, as a non-American, I don’t appreciate the meaning of @IndyGuy stating “get the vibe” and then attributing various qualities to PB despite never having met him. That, to me at least, is making assumptions. I was certainly not offended by what @IndyGuy wrote. I just thought that almost all of us know that ‘looks can be deceptive’.

One small point, however, is that I cannot “closely confirm” the...qualities...that @IndyGuy perceived”. Yes, PB is physically attractive (he indeed has a ripped, muscled body) but in a social setting he is rather dull and a poor conversationalist. He was charming to me but I would not describe him as “articulate”. I have no idea whether he is kind, grounded, well-centred etc., but he told me he enjoyed his free vacation in Greece.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you @MscleLovr for not seeing my response as critical. I believe your thought that being non-American can give you a different perspective of terms such as "get the vibe" is spot-on. For me, your use of "smart" and "personable" gave me a different impression from your use of "rather dull and a poor conversationalist." One thing is certain, you have the envy of many by having met Dr. Boselli in person socially. :)

No @sync . Yes, PB is physically attractive (he indeed has a ripped, muscled body) but in a social setting he is rather dull and a poor conversationalist. He was charming to me but I would not describe him as “articulate”.

I'm wondering if @MscleLovr has ever seen this "TED talk" given by Dr. Boselli. My guess is that it was actually written by him, and if so, he seems more articulate than I will ever be :) . Of course, there are some people who are intelligent, but introverted, possibly shy and tend to think things through before speaking, which would make them seem to be dull (or at least lacking in spontaneity), and not great at banter in social settings ...

I'm wondering if @MscleLovr has ever seen this "TED talk" given by Dr. Boselli. My guess is that it was actually written by him, and if so, he seems more articulate than I will ever be :) . Of course, there are some people who are intelligent, but introverted, possibly shy and tend to think things through before speaking, which would make them seem to be dull (or at least lacking in spontaneity), and not great at banter in social settings ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBYdBJyuzvE

Also, I assume (I know, that evil word) that Dr. Boselli's first language is Italian. I could be wrong. But his talk is given in English and is perfectly coherent. I, on the other hand, speak only one language to any great extent, English. And god knows how many other languages he may speak. I am not sure who was providing Dr. Boselli his free vacation in Greece but good for them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...