Shout Out to the US State Dept. (not at all political)

azdr0710
This topic is 2627 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

had to renew my passport very recently and saw something like a six-to-eight-week waiting time posted.....well I'll be damned if my new passport didn't arrive less than two weeks after I first mailed it in....wow!....also, a live person answered very quickly at State when I called beforehand with a quick, simple question about the passport......she'd answered that my old passport (with a still-valid visa in it) would be mailed back separately, but, in fact, it arrived with the new one...nice!.....

if anybody here in the forum has a connection to the passport section of State, please pass along a favorable comment to the person in charge

I'll also be looking for some "comment" section at the website

I needed to renew my passport in a hurry, so I had to go to one of the Post Office locations that didn't require an appointment. The passport facility must have a different funding source from the USPS in general. I was amazed at how pleasant the experience was. The office was fully staffed, everybody was very knowledgeable, friendly, helpful. I could go on and on. So unlike the USPS in general.

I renewed my passport last August. When I went into the local office, I was told that office does not process renewals and I would have to send all my documentation to Philadelphia. When I sent my documents off to Philadelphia, I presumed that would be the last time I would ever see my passport. Lo and behold, just a couple of weeks later my new passport arrived in the mail.

I went to the Tucson airport for my Global Entry "interview" because no other facility in the Southwest had available appointments. The gentlemen who staffed the interview site were both very pleasant. The agent who helped me was more talkative than the other agent on duty, but both were very welcoming when I arrived despite being in the middle of conducting interviews with other people. I had a similar experience when I renewed my passport a couple of years ago.

Archived