Summer Vacation Ideas - Russia or Eastern Eurpoe

azhiker
This topic is 1964 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of WW2, control of Austria was divided among the Allies, just as Germany was. If the Russians hadn't agreed to withdraw in 1955, the country would have been balkanized the way Germany was into East and West Germany, and eastern Austria would have been another Iron Curtain/Warsaw Pact country. It actually took a long time for Austria to recover and become a part of "Western Europe." Vienna in particular has always been filled with people whose ethnic and cultural background is Eastern European.

Czechoslovakia was an artificial post-WW1 creation. Before the war, it was part of the Hapsburg Empire, and Bohemia and Moravia had been run by the Germanic Austrians, while Slovakia was run from Budapest by the Hungarians. Prague for centuries assertively identified itself as a Western European city, and still does.

Did Tyler and Ace write that for you? I knew it!

• 1 month later...

Russia is a good choice. Moscow is a very picturesque place. Also I would recommend you to visit Saint Petersburg. I have been there this spring, and the city imressed me a lot... with its spectacular views on rivers, buildings, parks, avenues, its bridges, monuments. And as any man, I'd like to taste its nightlife, cause walking on the streets during the day I noticed a lot of bars and clubs with some catchy names, so I decided to return at night. I can advise one of the best places for nightlife in Saint Petersburg - the chain of strip bars Zavist. I chose them to visit first and suddenly I realized that it's almost morning and I could't visit some other lol :D It is really catching with its beauties, pretty dancers, good erotic massage, you can't skip it haha Awesome place really, and the prices are quite on the level. Also advise you not to drink too much (there is a really wide choice of drinks), not to forget about the night there another day :D and then go on sightseeing, good luck! http://zavist.bar/en/

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Croatia!

Nude cruise around The Dalmatian coastline.

Huddle up on Hvar and enjoy the beach with hot men bringing food to you.

Highly recommended

Agree about the glories of Hvar, and I was there just before the summer season started. Even though Hvar is an island, you can drive from Hvar to Dubrovnik. But, I suggest Sarajevo or Mostar, Bosnia rather than Dubrovnik.

This fall I will be taking an Oceania Cruise of the Baltic. One of my main reasons for going is the two days the ship will spend in Saint Petersburg. If you decide on Saints Petersburg you might want to consider using the following travel agency: https://www.denrus.ru/. I have numerous friends who have used their service and ALL were extremely pleased. If you take a private tour they will provide visas, car, driver, and guide. Cost will depend on the number of people in your party. If you are traveling alone they also have group tours. I have VERY specific places I want to visit several of which are not on the usual tourist route. They have been more than happy to work with me developing a two day itinerary which meets my requirements.

• 2 weeks later...

WilliamM you are absolutely correct two days is definitely not enough to make a through visit to St. Petersburg. The problem is that I'm joining a friend on an Oceania Baltic Cruise and two days is all the itinerary includes. Because of the lack of time I have had to make some difficult choices.

Barthooome Rastrelli was the principal designer of both the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg and Catherine’s Palace in Tsarskoe Selo thus I have decided to visit only one of the two. I would have chosen Catherine’s Palace if the, nearby, Alexander Palace, final palatial home of Nicholas II, Alexandra and their children, was open but it is closed for restoration until 2020. Therefore I will visit the Winter Palace which, additionally, is well located to visit the gallery containing the French Impressionist Collection which my travel companion would like to see. I am also scheduled to visit the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood and the Yusupov Palace. Outside of St. Petersburg I will visit the Orienbaum Palace and Peterhof.

I am a Christmas nut and collect hand carved Santa Clauses so I am hoping to spend some time shopping for Russian ones. A number of years ago I wrote ballet reviews for on online web site. During that period I was fortunate to see the Maiiniski Ballet Company on numerous occasions. Thus I do not play to try to see a performance while in town although a quick visit to the theatre might be nice.

This visit will most definitely be a case of too much to see in too little time.

:D It is really catching with its beauties, pretty dancers, good erotic massage, you can't skip it haha Awesome place really, and the prices are quite on the level. Also advise you not to drink too much (there is a really wide choice of drinks), not to forget about the night there another day :D and then go on sightseeing, good luck!

http://zavist.bar/en/

Hi, did you know that bar you cited is strictly a straight bar with women dancers on stage and available for other activities?

You furnished a link in English - http://zavist.bar/en/

Click on it. You will see many near naked ladies available. However, you will not see any men available for hire or otherwise.

I just wonder, since you are new, if you know this is a gay site.

Maybe some bi guys might like the place.

Hi, did you know that bar you cited is strictly a straight bar with women dancers on stage and available for other activities?

You furnished a link in English - http://zavist.bar/en/

Click on it. You will see many near naked ladies available. However, you will not see any men available for hire or otherwise.

I just wonder, since you are new, if you know this is a gay site.

Maybe some bi guys might like the place.

poor Danko must've realized what this forum is all about soon after he made that post!......he hasn't logged in since the same day!

+1 Prague

I also very much enjoyed Kiev and L'viv in Ukraine.

I spent time in Prague in late 2001, before the massive tourist wave began. I loved it. These days I spend most of my time in Eastern Europe, including the Balkans. As an avid cyclist, both MTB and road, I’ve found Bosnia, Slovenia, Bulgaria and Romania awesome. I, too, loved K’yiv and L’viv, and will return.