"This is Us" - Anybody Else Watching?

This topic is 2605 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

OK, I know I risk losing all my credibility as the resident academic-cum-loony-leftie here, BUT I am a total junkie for this network TV show.

It can't just be me. (And it really cannot, because I understand it has been renewed for two more seasons, which is quite unusual for a brand new show.) I am glued to the screen as I watch every episode, always on the verge of tears, questioning all my life choices, etc., etc.

Someone, please tell me that I am not alone!

I am obsessed!! It's heartwarming and heartbreaking all at the same time. Given our current sociopolitical climate, a show about love and family is exactly what we need.

I hope Sterling K. Brown and Chrissy Metz win Emmy's this Fall for their powerful performances.

I have enjoyed this from the beginning. Yes there is almost always a tear but once you reach a certain age, tears are just a way of life. I sob when they pick the wrong laundry soap on the commercials, so I am not the best judge. However, there was a scene between Randall and his real father that was foreshadowed beautifully and it was definitely one of the more quietly powerful scenes I have seen on network television.

Archived