Cute Critters to Take Our Minds Off Everyday Stresses

quoththeraven

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For whatever reason, bovines have recently captured my affection. However, from remembering my childhood days on a farm, I wouldn't want the responsibilities of caring for one.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR14PnwVm4agNwQapXtM9cJZc-pB6bwtaRQIJ6-n-YfJi4KTXtGmQimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQosNmD8r3OukwpCjO7k3Cm00hfUR9LrsWsOTzB3i1CH-FWKIEjimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUL05IHbxPs_Z-URG_Em6OuA-B6yCOf4TzYPBxAXPMYE3zDi7_images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG9UjpZri_molH0rMFeq947B6ecaxuSW0HRIzde2gMCMGwV_pi

Maybe you could find a cow yoga place. It would be like goat yoga, but with cows. And mooing.

Scottish Folds are so named because their ears are folded down, like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQw27pxwyGHhI32UCiqxoRKZWc4-mGiNhR-RttDhBvGKKtKFXT2A

However, about 30% - 50% of the cats do not have folded ears. They are referred to as "peak-eared" or "straight-eared" and look like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT--va4ejz_Dq6xgyoCtPvbbbCZ4VfrLKpcN2M10nr82bS6YaPWiQ

They have the same pushed-in round face, but their ears don't fold.

When breeding, you always have to breed a peak- and folded-ear or two peak-eared cats. Two folded-ear cats can yield kittens that have spine issues and brittle bones.

I haven't migrated all of my photos off my Mac to my PC yet, else I'd post a pic of Willy and his sister, Hillary. Once I do, I'll post it.

Was Willy altruistic too?

I don't know if you know Curious Zelda (she's on Twitter), but she looks like my previous cat would have if she had bulging eyes.

This is Curious Zelda.

[MEDIA=twitter]1142482500779945990[/MEDIA]

The other difference between Sofia and Zelda is that Sofia had a white-tipped tail.