What's Nerdier: Star Wars or Star Trek?

geminibear
This topic is 2691 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say Star Trek is the nerdier, which is the one I prefer. While I'm about it, Kirk and Picard were the popular Star Trek captains, but in my judgement, the best captain was Janeway.

Voyager also had a great opening theme.

T

When I was a kid I felt irresistibly attracted to Kirk. I was so horny without knowing it. I would get hard ones all the time watching him, the guys in the Time Tunnel, and the movies about Ancient Rome coming from Italy.

Sorry, returning to the thread topic, I think Trekkers are nerders beyond any question. Live long and prosper.

though star trek enterprise did like to put tripp stripped down into super tight underwear getting a decontamination rub down :D

From the Vulcan chick no less! Who was irritated with herself for getting turned on by it. :p

T'Pol was by far my favorite character on that show. The rest of them were kind of whiny and annoying.

From the Vulcan chick no less! Who was irritated with herself for getting turned on by it. :p

T'Pol was by far my favorite character on that show. The rest of them were kind of whiny and annoying.

She is sexier as a Vulcan.

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r640/Vaclav_Poncar/-Jolene-Blalock-alias-Commander-T-Pol-star-trek-enterprise-27940693-1280-10241_zps5c12f6d8.jpg

I would say Star Trek is the nerdier, which is the one I prefer. While I'm about it, Kirk and Picard were the popular Star Trek captains, but in my judgement, the best captain was Janeway.

Star Wars = Nerd

Trek had the hottest men.

i like both star trek and star wars.. but i prefer Babylon 5 above them both :p though star trek enterprise did like to put tripp stripped down into super tight underwear getting a decontamination rub down :D

Trek's long history makes it nerdier. The original series practically invented the nerd class.

My favorite is Deep Space Nine. It had the best (IMO) and most consistent and fully-realized overall series plot arc, which is important to me. I also liked Sisko as the best "captain" though he was a Lieutenant Commander for most of the series. Through binge watching I developed an appreciation for how he was scripted as a leader who was a father, and who had less military detachment from the people in his command. Through character definition and/or Avery Brooks' contribution to the role Sisko came across as a sensitive man.

I've always had a huge crush on Michael Dorn, going back to his days on CHiPs. I loved every Next Generation and DS9 plot that took him out of his padded uniforms and Klingon makeup.

I've been cherry-picking Voyager episodes off Netflix while I recuperate. This series is very uneven and gets a bad rap, but some of the episodes are real jewels.

Enterprise had the best male eye candy as a few have noted. There was a core creative team that survived from TNG to DS9 to Voyager. The themes and tone they had created became predictable and dated by the time they brought out Enterprise, and their audience was aging out. Younger audiences would crave the more conflicted, dark, flawed characters that Cattlecar:Galactica would eventually popularize. Still, if Enterprise had gone with DS9 or Voyager caliber theme music instead of that horrible "Faith of the Heart" song the show might have lasted through another season of shirtless Bakula, Conner Trinneer, and occasionally Anthony Montgomery.

I could never derive such a synopsis from the Star Wars movies. I think that this proves Star Trek is nerdier on so many levels.

http://i0.wp.com/spaceramblings.com/wp-content/uploads/2005/06/star-trek-enterprise-desert-crossing.jpg

http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae44/kusmertz/Individual%20Enterprise%20Pictures/deadstop_297.jpg~original

Archived