Killer has been ARRESTED / His death was ruled a homicide

tazmanian5230
This topic is 2678 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No particular "relevance". Just stating that emphasis was important in my writing, as I was participating on the debate stage throughout my high school years, and we would sometimes underline in our notes and sometimes capitalize where various degrees of emphasis were to be applied in our delivery of our opening argument or closing. Just an old habit, and a lack of bothering to change them for the forum. I didn't realize there so many people with a stick up their ass online today. ;-)

I didn't realize there so many people with a stick up their ass online today. ;-)

It's not a matter of people having as stick up their arses, it's more a matter that conventions have developed as to what upper case means in on-line dialogue. Upper case is almost universally recognised as shouting, italics and bold are accepted as emphasis. You can accept that and adapt to it, or expect to have to explain what you meant every time you ignore these convention.

It's not a matter of people having as stick up their arses, it's more a matter that conventions have developed as to what upper case means in on-line dialogue. Upper case is almost universally recognised as shouting, italics and bold are accepted as emphasis. You can accept that and adapt to it, or expect to have to explain what you meant every time you ignore these convention.

Yes SIR ! I understand that you are under the impression that I need to follow your commands of how I should communicate to others . That has been noted. Did you like my italics SIR ?

Yes SIR ! I understand that you are under the impression that I need too follow your commands of how I should communicate to others . That has been noted. Did you like my italics SIR ?

It's nothing to do with what I think, it's about how the average reader here will read your comments. If you want to be understood, accept the conventions that apply, if you don't care, write however you wish.

But seriously, 50 or 60something and 400 lbs is a prime demographic for an out-of-the-blue heart attack anyway. And heart attacks are often not big dramatic deaths sometimes the heart just flat-out stops and the person is gone. I've known people who left the room with a spouse sitting on the couch watching TV and then came back in the room a minute later and they were gone without a sound. I'm not saying the kid definitely didn't cause it, I'm saying that I think there's room for reasonable doubt.

Busting your balls, man. I know you like that little stick up your ass...but I appreciate the information. I keep forgetting there is rich-text available here.

Wow. I'm WYSIWYG all the way, partly because the coded text is harder for me to read.

(That's what you see is what you get, in case you didn't know.)

At the risk of extending this discussion: emoticons can sometimes be helpful in conveying tone.

Wow. I'm WYSIWYG all the way, partly because the coded text is harder for me to read.

(That's what you see is what you get, in case you didn't know.)

At the risk of extending this discussion: emoticons can sometimes be helpful in conveying tone.

I'm probably guilty over overusing them for this very reason. Without emoticons I'd come across as being far more sarcastic and abrasive than I am or intend to be. And I'm plenty abrasive as it is.

Archived