Temperament, non-musical

gallahadesquire
This topic is 2727 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

i have a 29 year old, moderate rly messy housemate who frankly matches my own neatness levels. He is, however, a bit of a klutz.

Whilst in hospital for a cardiac tune up, my iPad was on a table with my sleep apnea machine. He went to place something in one of the cabinet drawers, and shattered the screen of the iPad. It's still kinda fictional.

I also have a 100 year old grandfather clock. He said it had stopped, so he would it and then set it my advancing the time from 5:10 to 08:40 … without stopping to let the Westminster chime catch-up.

He called me to tell me it is ringing non-stop

My question: should I place an absolute barrier on the mechanicals and technological? His ability to be taught is somewhat lacking. [namely, I've told him not to reset the clock].

The injury to the iPad was similarly able to be prevented if he'd only looked at the setup.

He's not my lover but he USA permanent resident. I have allot of glassware for which I fear.

Do I mention quietly that he needs to be more careful, or just have the clocks off-limit?

Thanks for comments and questions

gallahadesquire

Perhaps a little tough love. "I appreciate and admire your willingness to be helpful, but you are accident prone. Going forward, please do not adjust or move anything of sentimental or unusual monetary value to me...you break it, you bought it."

i have a 29 year old, moderate rly messy housemate who frankly matches my own neatness levels.

I am really confused. Why do you have a housemate? I have read your other posts, so it's likely not for economic reasons. He's not your lover, and he does not seem to be a close friend.

Are you afraid of living alone because of a medical condition?

The ban on the "mechanicals and technologicals" still wouldn't have prevented the damage to the iPad. Klutzes are simply not very careful people (they don't seem to observe sharply and analyze cause-effect), and if you live with them, you have to expect some level of damage. Don't let him have the keys to the Tesla.

i have a 29 year old, moderate rly messy housemate who frankly matches my own neatness levels. He is, however, a bit of a klutz.

Whilst in hospital for a cardiac tune up, my iPad was on a table with my sleep apnea machine. He went to place something in one of the cabinet drawers, and shattered the screen of the iPad. It's still kinda fictional.

I also have a 100 year old grandfather clock. He said it had stopped, so he would it and then set it my advancing the time from 5:10 to 08:40 … without stopping to let the Westminster chime catch-up.

He called me to tell me it is ringing non-stop

My question: should I place an absolute barrier on the mechanicals and technological? His ability to be taught is somewhat lacking. [namely, I've told him not to reset the clock].

The injury to the iPad was similarly able to be prevented if he'd only looked at the setup.

He's not my lover but he USA permanent resident. I have allot of glassware for which I fear.

Do I mention quietly that he needs to be more careful, or just have the clocks off-limit?

Thanks for comments and questions

gallahadesquire

Keep him in a cage when not working or of use to you -- Roommate or not -- Build him a cage - Building Cages is fun and easy!

Let him out for balance and ballet lessons and once he has proven himself worthy of trust in the China dept of Macy's send him there for a test run! IF he does okay -- Take the metal anal pear out of his ass and let him use the bathroom -- Otherwise

some puppies just cant be allowed outta the cage!

Archived