Caleb in NYC

jfg2

• 1 year later...

29 Jun 2023

I've had 3 massages with CalebNYC, the most recent session occurred in Dec 2022. As I've said before, if you like young, all-American looking types that are masculine in demeanor and cut, which I do, Caleb fits the bill. His technique suggests that he's had some real massage training; e.g., he starts with lengthening the client by grasping their ankles or calves, then usually transitioning to vigorously loosening the the client's lower back and hips before proceeding. One of the things I really like about him is that he does not use his elbows that much; I find that unpleasant...and lazy.

As with all sensual or erotic massages, the extent of physical contact will depend upon the chemistry, writ-large, between the client and the masseur. I have not figured out what his distinction is between sensual and erotic, largely because I am NOT not one of his types.

Yes he can be flakey at times and yes he can sometimes be distant and yes he can execute a physically invigorating massage. I get the sense that massage is a side money-making activity that finances his robust traveling--more power to those having the wherewithal to travel at their leisure.

I would repeat sessions with him; in fact I contacted him this week regarding his availability but he was in Provincetown. In my next session, I plan on asking him to change his approach with me a bit; e.g., a bit more body contact. And no, I'm not suggesting anal or oral.

Alas, at the end of the day, if he is not into the client for any or no reason, or if the client is needy, greedy, homely, etc., the session may not meet client expectations associated with a $200 for 60 min session. [end]

Edited by ChelseaWest
proofreading

• 3 weeks later...

I saw Caleb again recently.  I think his massage is one of the best I’ve had from these sites.  Very sweet guy. Amazing body. Very enjoyable ending.  One caveat — I’ve had four appointments, but only two massages.  He does let you know he’s not going to make it.  These last two times I did made a backup plan.  So, I had two massages in one day this last time.  Not a bad thing!  I will continue to see him whenever I can.  

• 4 weeks later...

I came here looking to see what experiences anyone in our great group had had with Caleb. So I thought I would share my experience. He had been on my radar for quite some time and several years ago even before this thread, there was a thread here on him that was pretty negative so I passed. But then I decided to give him a try hoping that my experience would be good in spite of the negative. I tried to make an appointment with him but he was always in and out of town so finally I gave up and he seemed to have moved to California. Someone in this forum at the time sent me his instagram handle and so I started following him to see what he was doing. If I remember correctly he at one time changed his location on RentMasseur to California. So he is quite the traveller and leads a pretty interesting life according to Insta and if I am not mistaken has a lover who is also a masseur whom he has been with for quite some time. I pretty much forgot about him as a masseur until a friend of mine who had recently discovered the joys of massage told me he had hired him and had a terrific experience. Insta seemed to indicate he was away from NYC but I texted him (his preferred method of communication) and said that I would love to schedule something with him but he seemed to be always away. He texted back that he had just arrived back in NYC  that day so I scheduled an appointment with him early evening the next day. Exactly one hour before our evening appointment he texted me that he was more exhausted from Jet Lag than he realized and he would have to cancel and did I want to   "reschedule". I said I would text him back the next day.And I did and scheduled an appointment 3 days later. for the same time early evening even saying that I was free from 5 pm on so he could pick the time best for him. He chose 5 pm.  On the day before our appointment I sent him a text saying I was looking forward to meeting him and reiterating my address etc and that I would see him at 5pm.  The next morning very early I got a text from him asking to confirm the location of the hotel I was in. on 5th Ave.  I immediately replied that he had mistaken me for someone else and resubmitted my name and resident address. After a short delay he texted back ok say see you at 5pm which was the time we had agreed on would be best for him when I made this second appointment. I thought to myself at the time that it didn't bode well. But I thought give him the benefit of the doubt. So that evening just after 4 pm I had just stepped into the shower when I got a text. It was from Caleb who said that he might not get there until 5:30, I texted back that it was ok. A little after 5:30 another text. He had to run home and would be there at 6:30 if that was ok. Hmmm well....ok I thought and said fine just keep me posted when you're on your way. At almost 6:30 another text : "I'm sorry I'm going to have to cancel. I'm having personal issues." That was it. Nothing about rescheduling or can we make it another time ....nothing. So I said, " I'm sorry too. I'm sorry that you are having personal issues, I was looking forward to meeting you. Perhaps you'll contact me and let me know when you can make an appointment that you can be certain you'll show up for." In all of my years of dealing with masseurs I have had a few cancellations and re-schedules but never two in a row and all done though texting. It would have been nice to speak to each other so we could have had some sense of the personality on the othersides of the communications. But alas the modern age.  So today I searched "Caleb" here to see if there an been any recent experiences with him, and I guess in spite of how attractive I've found him over the years it is not in the stars to have an encounter with him. Thoughts?  

damn luvsrubs.   thats a bit too much.  just note- it must be some bad stuff he's going through.  I saw him in Nyc in June and it was amazing. no hassles. just a great massage.  so he's the real deal.  exudes sensuality.  great body and face.  great skills.  but this back and forth and cancellations - there must be some real drama stuff going down.  too bad   

Caleb leads an interesting and seemingly carefree life. So schedules may be somewhat of a suggestion to him. I have quite a few artists in my circle of friends who also aren't reliable when it's comes to making plans. It's a personality type. You don't need to be subject to the unpredictability of it....but when you do manage to cross paths with him I can attest to the fact that no one is going to be disappointed.  Very solid skills and an attractive presence.

What if the tables were turned?   What if the client leads a carefree life and just schedules an appointment as a suggestion and cancels last minute on Caleb?  Caleb may not want to hear from the client again.   Just like the numerous people on this chain have given up on Caleb after their bad experiences. 
At the end of the day it’s about respect.  Stuff happens and people need to cancel.  But it’s how you handle it to make up for the cancellation that speaks volumes.  If I was Caleb, I would apologize and proactively try to reschedule with the client another time and maybe offer extra time or a discount for the inconvenience.  

9 hours ago, BJNYC said:

What if the tables were turned?   What if the client leads a carefree life and just schedules an appointment as a suggestion and cancels last minute on Caleb?  Caleb may not want to hear from the client again.   Just like the numerous people on this chain have given up on Caleb after their bad experiences. 
At the end of the day it’s about respect.  Stuff happens and people need to cancel.  But it’s how you handle it to make up for the cancellation that speaks volumes.  If I was Caleb, I would apologize and proactively try to reschedule with the client another time and maybe offer extra time or a discount for the inconvenience.  

If only...

• 1 month later...

Saw him last week at his east village place. His place is very small and I honestly didn’t get the best feeling being in there. He wasn’t very friendly or communicative or even if there’s any particular areas that’s bothering me. Massage cream was SO greasy and didn’t even offer a towel afterwards. After the release he just went to the bathroom, not a word. So I was just lying there wondering what’s going on - is it over, is he going to continue? He ended up shorting me 15 mins. 
When it came to actual massage technique, he was fine. It was an okay therapeutic massage - no sensual elements. 
Sure he’s an attractive guy, but honestly wasn’t worth the $200.