Caleb in NYC

jfg2

3 hours ago, Nyc2 said:

Saw him last week at his east village place. His place is very small and I honestly didn’t get the best feeling being in there. He wasn’t very friendly or communicative or even if there’s any particular areas that’s bothering me. Massage cream was SO greasy and didn’t even offer a towel afterwards. After the release he just went to the bathroom, not a word. So I was just lying there wondering what’s going on - is it over, is he going to continue? He ended up shorting me 15 mins. 
When it came to actual massage technique, he was fine. It was an okay therapeutic massage - no sensual elements. 
Sure he’s an attractive guy, but honestly wasn’t worth the $200. 

I had a similar experience with him last week as well, but I had sensual elements, and he did not short me on time.  I enjoyed it, but he literally said about ten words to me the entire time.

17 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

That's normal with him.

If I wanted conversation, I'd go to my hair stylist, not my masseur.

He's a quiet sort. That's true. But I rather like the zen quality he projects.

I don't even like it when my hair stylist tries to strike a conversation with me, but at least say a couple of sentences to me.  I may go back, it's just extraverted people maybe turned off by him.

On 10/15/2023 at 3:47 PM, massagefan320 said:

I don't even like it when my hair stylist tries to strike a conversation with me, but at least say a couple of sentences to me.  I may go back, it's just extraverted people maybe turned off by him.

No, it wasn’t that I wanted to have a conversation with him - I prefer the quietness actually. I think there’s a difference between being quiet vs coming off as rude or uninterested. 

12 hours ago, Nyc2 said:

I think there’s a difference between being quiet vs coming off as rude or uninterested. 

I think there's also a high degree of perception in this interaction.

I would relate this to how New Yorkers are often called "rude" simply because we tend to mind our own business and not get chatty with strangers unless they ask first for help.

Caleb is a quiet guy. True. If you're looking for bubbly, look elsewhere.

2 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

I think there's also a high degree of perception in this interaction.

I would relate this to how New Yorkers are often called "rude" simply because we tend to mind our own business and not get chatty with strangers unless they ask first for help.

Caleb is a quiet guy. True. If you're looking for bubbly, look elsewhere.

Don’t want to make this a big deal or go back and forth…like I said before, I wasn’t looking for bubbly and actually prefer quiet. I’ve lived in New York for 5 years so I’m all for minding our own business. He simply came off as “rude” / disinterested, which impacted the massage quality and experience. That’s it.

• 3 months later...

I have seen him several times since 2016. He is a beautiful man. It’s true he doesn’t talk much. He is sensuous. His body is incomparable and he’s generous. I’ve recommended him to several men. He’s never cancelled on me or with them, so I can’t speak to those experiences. I’ve cancelled on him more than a few times and he’s cool with it (as clients should be as well-stuff happens, moods change, fatigue, etc) I’m here to write this review because I like him very much, value his expertise and trust him. Time with Caleb is well worth it. You want to be a regular and reliable massage client of Caleb.