RIP Florence Henderson

sam.fitzpatrick
This topic is 2756 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

From Broadway to television, she had a wonderful career. I got to see her in South Pacific over 30 years ago and was surprised how strong of a singer she was. Years later I was at a charity event and she was seated at the table next to me. She was an absolutely lovely lady, talking to anyone and completely relaxed.

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/tv/florence-henderson-mom-brady-bunch-dies-82-n688186

I got to see her in South Pacific over 30 years ago and was surprised how strong of a singer she was.

When Jack Paar was the host of The Tonight Show, Florence Henderson was a frequent guest, always funny and interesting. That was my introduction to Florence. It's like the lose of a friend, even though I only saw her in person once (at a tribute to Mary Martin, with Mary sitting in the audience).

I had the good fortune to attend her star placement on Hollywood Blvd in 1996. Her two featured guests were Phyllis Diller and Jim Nabors. What a hoot-- it had the charm and simplicity of a small town girl who made it big. I don't think her success ever went to her head. A true class act!

Peace,

Kipp

The posts above warm my heart. I gather that she was a class act behind the scenes in The Brady Bunch. Specifically, I heard that she was aware that Robert Reed (Mr. Brady) was gay, and she was a great support for him. He was in a deep closet, and she respected that choice and helped protect him. This is consistent with the posts above, testifying to the fact that she was a Great Lady, a Class Act.

Archived