DC Luncheon/Meetup in January

Keenan
This topic is 2668 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@Eric Hassan and @Tygerscent ! Holy shit! A little too early for me to commit due to potential work schedule but I want it bad!!! ... Hotel recommendations?

There are lots of Kimpton Hotel choices near DuPont Circle (where the luncheon has traditionally been located) and Capitol Hill, where MAL takes place. DuPont Circle Hotel is also nice but a little more formal and pricy by comparison, especially if you join the Kimpton Karma Rewards. In 2015, I managed to snag a huge, relatively isolated room at Palomar (a Kimpton hotel) for four nights for $159/night including parking. I could have fit at least half the luncheon attendees in my room (standing up, that is). That worked to my advantage when I hosted a threesome.

If I go this year, it will be because I am spending the weekend with friends in metro DC whom I haven't seen in two years and traveling into the city for the lunch. Since I haven't even broached the topic with them, it's premature to say I'll attend.

If you're killing two birds with one stone:

The Host Hotel for MAL is:

Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill

400 New Jersey Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20001

As stated previously, the Hyatt is SOLD OUT.

Other MAL Hotels are:

Phoenix Park Hotel

520 North Capitol St., NW

Washington, DC 20001

The Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill

525 New Jersey Ave, N.W.

Washington, DC 20001

You may have to go through the MAL website to book the other two hotels.

They often black out the dates on their corporate website so that the nice families

from Idaho who are visiting DC visit don't have to walk past 65 year old bears in

jockstraps in order to get to their room.

http://www.leatherweekend.com/hotel/

We'll Hope you make it, then!! Lol

NYCman, thanks for the hotel tips!

If I do make it, you should know that I am not above trying to touch you both in an inappropriate manner... just sayin...

January is a really bad month for me to travel... 4 family birthdays and sales kickoff at work... I am hoping to make a quick trip down to DC on Saturday morning and head home on Sunday afternoon. Anything planned for Saturday night?

In 2015, I managed to snag a huge, relatively isolated room at Palomar (a Kimpton hotel) for four nights for $159/night including parking. I could have fit at least half the luncheon attendees in my room (standing up, that is). That worked to my advantage when I hosted a threesome.

Seconding. Palomar, a great property, often has good deals on the hotel aggregation sites and especially on the Hotels Tonight app.

Seconding. Palomar, a great property, often has good deals on the hotel aggregation sites and especially on the Hotels Tonight app.

I snagged this deal through Kimpton's Karma Rewards program. Also, Kimpton properties have a free wine-sampling hour (or so) every evening and free coffee and tea in the morning. It's very convivial.

If I do make it, you should know that I am not above trying to touch you both in an inappropriate manner... just sayin...

. Anything planned for Saturday night?

Inappropriate touching is not only encouraged, it will be graded!! Lol

Looks like there is a big lineup for MAL on Saturday night.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived