Old Hollywood

Moondance

Born as Arthur Andrew Kelm on July 11, 1931, this young man would be better known under the name Tab Hunter, a superstar of film (and briefly pop music) in the 1950s. A gay icon for decades, Hunter cemented that status as a camp idol when he appeared in John Waters' 1981 film, Polyester.

Hunter's romance with actor Anthony Perkins nearly ended both men's careers. Hunter came out later in life and remained vital up until his untimely death on July 8, 2018, three days before his 87th birthday.

nT_vbr54n59zyhqqfyrhgfge2y7.jpg

Edited by Danny-Darko

On 9/8/2022 at 11:48 PM, Danny-Darko said:

Pillow Talk (1959) The romantic comedy starred Rock Hudson and Doris Day. I remember the first time I saw this movie, particularly the split screen bathtub scene in which Rock and Doris were both in their tubs talking to each other on the phone. Rock must have been wearing swimming trunks in that tub, but man did my adolescent mind run wild, picturing him naked in there. What a hunk, what a man, what a beauty he was! 🥰

305886786_1500104810451229_3213823170033489589_n.jpg

Oh yes!  I saw the movie a bit later in my life after he passed, and when I saw this scene I was like “wow!”  Now I get it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sal Mineo as John 'Plato' Crawford and James Dean as Jim Stark in the 1955 movie Rebel Without a Cause, directed by Nicholas Ray.

It was in an early audition for Rebel, according to a biography of Mineo by Michael Gregg Michaud, that Dean offered director Nicholas Ray a now famous bit of direction: “Tell Sal to look at me the way Natalie looks at me.”

nT_8zx45kjhgbr03j8dz5drcd06.jpg