Old Hollywood

Moondance

Sean Connery started bodybuilding at the age of 18. Since 1951, he trained under a former British Army fitness instructor named Ellington and even had some success. 

Connery went to serve in the navy, and then managed to work as a model in Edinburgh. Eventually he found his calling in London, where he began his acting career and played the beloved 007 James Bond.

sean-connery-mr-universe-3.jpg

sean-connery-mr-universe-2.jpg

sean-connery-mr-universe-4.jpg

60c2bc1800bd622ffc154fe3fc18ae7b.jpg

sean-connery-mr-universe-1.jpg

sean-connery-mr-universe-6.jpg

sean-connery-mr-universe-5.jpg

Janos (Johann) Peter Weissmuller (June 2, 1904 – January 20, 1984) was an American competitive swimmer, Olympian, and actor. He was known for playing Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan in Tarzan the Ape Man (1932 version) and in five sequels produced by MGM and in six additional films by RKO. Weissmuller was also known for having one of the best competitive swimming records of the 20th century. Weissmuller set numerous world records alongside winning 5 gold medals in the Olympics. He won the 100m freestyle and the 4 × 200 m relay team event in 1924 at the Paris Games and again in 1928 at the Amsterdam Games. Gold was also brought home by Weissmuller in the 400m freestyle as well as a bronze medal in the water polo competition in Paris.

tumblr_p9yvj2wdJf1wycayxo1_1280.jpg

OIP.jpg

On 8/1/2021 at 7:03 PM, Danny-Darko said:

A young Ozzie Nelson. There's a reason that his offspring, Rick and Dave, were such attractive guys. Ozzie was kind of a hottie himself, and Harriet was a lovely woman. I watched the "Ozzie & Harriet" show endlessly in reruns.

223813756_10228158609689104_1630770068985985667_n.jpg

I'm sure I have mentioned this before, but Ozzie grew up in a house around the corner from my childhood home, and we went to the same small public high school, though not at the same time (he was a contemporary of my father, not of me!). Some of my older neighbors had known him well when he was a teenager, and often talked about him. There were photos of him on the wall at the high school, because he had played on the football team, but the building was torn down many years ago, so the photos are probably in an archive somewhere.