Not So Good News From Jeremy Walker...

azdr0710
This topic is 2792 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Rudynate, it is weird. I went to look on Amazon and there is nothing named MSZ. Of course, I could just be missing it. There is something named Melatonex but my sleep has become so discombobulated that I would like to try what ever is out there. Of course, it is best to try the most natural of the products before anything else. That is why I have been so annoyingly persistent. :)

Please don't try Ambien on a daily basis you might become addicted to it and need a higher doses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSR3i6Pcadk

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please don't try Ambien on a daily basis you might become addicted to it and need a higher doses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSR3i6Pcadk

I've only had one major accident in my life and that was due to Ambien. Was taking it for about 2 weeks. I didn't know about it's effects till I ran into a semi truck going about 45 mph. If I would've been in my normal thinking mind I would've anticipated what he was doing which was turning right in front of me. Instead I just plowed right into him. Only put a small dent in him but totaled my poor car.

I would've been better off shit faced drunk with a better reaction time. It makes you completely delusional and you're not even aware of it.

I want everyone to know that I am alive and well. As of today, 10% of my sentence is complete. When I get out on May 1, I will have no travel restrictions and no probation officer to report to. I intend to ease back into work sometime around late May, depending upon what shape my physique is in.

Thank you all for your support!

Jeremy

I do so hope you haven taken care of your stalker problem. I am sure there are some laws that could help you with him.

It just doesn't work for me. I feel slightly sedated/dull, but that's it.

I've only had success with two benzodiazepines, of which Ativan (lorazepam) has fewer side effects. Even Valium does nothing for me.

It might be a matter of dose and response. Clinically, there can be a wide range of effective doses: For meperidine (pethidine) [Demerol], we've known for 35 years that the effective dose has a two-fold variance over the population. The beginning of efficacy is about 80% of the minimum effective analgesic concentration. Give me a day or so and I"ll translate that into English.

I'm not so sure about the benzodiazepines. I do know that the drug levels of Ativan go down pretty quickly after administration, but the drugs sticks to its receptor pretty well. I never liked it, and it played hell with acute post-operative recovery [prolonged recovery room stay].

I had a patient for a coronary artery bypass graft surgery. I gave him the absolute maximum suggested dose of Ativan orally prior to coming to surgery, plus a shot of morphine. I repeated it during his surgical preparation.

When I saw him postoperatively the next day, after he'd been discharged from the Intensive Care Unit, I asked him what he remembered:

"Well, the damnednest thing happened. I got this pill, and I got this shot, and I said "When am I having surgery?". I put my hand on my chest and said, "Oh. I've already had it."

Unfortunately, it leaves me groggy the next day if I take it full-strength (0.5 mg), but it works the most dependably of everything I've tried. That includes Halcion, Lunesta, Ambien, Xanax, Valium and melatonin.

See above. Take the drug earlier if it's leaving a hangover. Also carefully consider polypharmacy. Doxylamine, melatonin, with or without 5-HTP and/or valerian could be just the deal, and they are all over the counter.

Personally, and I am unanimous in this, there's something about the feeling of Ambien as it starts to work, that's just down right ... refreshing, kind of. Maybe reassuring is a better word.

PEOPLE, BE ADVISED:

Both Ambien and Ativan are very, very, very good at causing amnesia. If you are going to take these, hide your keys and lock yourself into the bedroom, until you know how they effect you. They aren't kidding when they say "take just prior to going to bed." Take them once you are IN bed.

Here endeth the Public Service Announcement.

I want everyone to know that I am alive and well. As of today, 10% of my sentence is complete. When I get out on May 1, I will have no travel restrictions and no probation officer to report to. I intend to ease back into work sometime around late May, depending upon what shape my physique is in.

Thank you all for your support!

Jeremy

Welcome aboard! And grow the chest hair back.

PEOPLE, BE ADVISED:

Both Ambien and Ativan are very, very, very good at causing amnesia. If you are going to take these, hide your keys and lock yourself into the bedroom, until you know how they effect you. They aren't kidding when they say "take just prior to going to bed." Take them once you are IN bed.

Here endeth the Public Service Announcement.

Yeah. Took some once when I was up late during a family vacation. I thought everything was normal until I checked my phone the next day. There were several videos and photos that I didn't remember taking at all. Complete amnesia about that.

It might be a matter of dose and response. Clinically, there can be a wide range of effective doses: For meperidine (pethidine) [Demerol], we've known for 35 years that the effective dose has a two-fold variance over the population. The beginning of efficacy is about 80% of the minimum effective analgesic concentration. Give me a day or so and I"ll translate that into English.

Medication history can have a lot to do with a person's response. I had taken tramadol for a back problem for a longish period of time. I needed to undergo an interventional radiology procedure for which they used fentanyl and midazolam as sedation. It took twice the normal dose of both drugs to put me out because of the tolerance I had developed. As though I wasn't even in the room, the procedure nurse and the radiologist were discussing the challenges posed by "these chronic pain patients."

I've talked about it before, but give Liquid Benadryl a try. I know that because it's over the counter it's hard to imagine it's effective. But I'm betting you'll be surprised and it's a good place to start because it's non addictive. Not that I'm not a fan of Ambien. I'm a fan of Ambien. BUT Liquid Benadryl works quite well. One cup of coffee when you wake and you'll be up and at 'em; even if it was just three hours of sleep it was a DEEP sleep. same goes for ambien, but Ambien is of course a bit more serious..

Medication history can have a lot to do with a person's response. I had taken tramadol for a back problem for a longish period of time. I needed to undergo an interventional radiology procedure for which they used fentanyl and midazolam as sedation. It took twice the normal dose of both drugs to put me out because of the tolerance I had developed. As though I wasn't even in the room, the procedure nurse and the radiologist were discussing the challenges posed by "these chronic pain patients."

prior to my knee surgery, I was taking 10 mg oxycodone every evening, after the days wear-and-tear on my knee joint. The surgeon told me "that will make your pain relief more difficult". Man, he was right on that. I never thought I'd survive 15 mgs of oxycodone every three hours. For two weeks.

I've talked about it before, but give Liquid Benadryl a try. I know that because it's over the counter it's hard to imagine it's effective. But I'm betting you'll be surprised and it's a good place to start because it's non addictive. Not that I'm not a fan of Ambien. I'm a fan of Ambien. BUT Liquid Benadryl works quite well. One cup of coffee when you wake and you'll be up and at 'em; even if it was just three hours of sleep it was a DEEP sleep. same goes for ambien, but Ambien is of course a bit more serious..

Benadryl, even in pill form, makes a great sleeper, but I've never liked the dry mouth the next day. It is a histamine blocker, after all.

Remember the story of one of the Kennedy's driving into a fountain in the middle of the night? Ambien. That stuff does weird things to some people. I took two once, and the next thing I know I was (In my mind) teaching a class on different lawn grass types in a local park. At two in the morning. In my pyjamas. The local police were kind enough to give me a ride back home. In handcuffs. No more ambien

Remember the story of one of the Kennedy's driving into a fountain in the middle of the night? Ambien. That stuff does weird things to some people. I took two once, and the next thing I know I was (In my mind) teaching a class on different lawn grass types in a local park. At two in the morning. In my pyjamas. The local police were kind enough to give me a ride back home. In handcuffs. No more ambien

Also Tiger Woods...

Continuing to engage in behavior and additional violations of law that could end up biting him in the ass - as it clearly did - demonstrates that, while he may be a nice guy, he is seriously lacking in the personal judgment department.

Experience is often the best teacher. Let's hope he is an adept pupil...

Good Lord! Probably the most arrogant and condescending thing I've ever read.

Archived