Happy 70th birthday Cher!

marylander1940
This topic is 2118 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Over the decades, Cher has been as well known for her romances as she is for her fierce sense of style and her hit songs. The singer and actress, who turns 70 on May 20, has had love affairs with everyone from her original singing partner and first husband, Sonny Bono, to Tom Cruise and Warren Beatty. Take a look back at the many men who have had the honor of being linked to the superstar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsKbwR7WXN4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cher

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/chers-many-men-123936485.html

Edited by marylander1940

• 2 years later...

Cher to release new album, ‘Dancing Queen,’ next month

Cher will release “Dancing Queen,” a new album of Abba covers, on Sept. 28, Warner Bros. Records announced on Thursday.

The singer and actress — who has won Oscar, Emmy, and Grammy Awards — was inspired to record the album following her performance in the recently-released hit film, “Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again,” according to the announcement.

“I’ve always liked Abba and saw the original ‘Mamma Mia’ musical on Broadway three times,” Cher said. “After filming ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again,’ I was reminded again of what great and timeless songs they wrote and started thinking ‘why not do an album of their music?’ The songs were harder to sing than I imagined but I’m so happy with how the music came out. I’m really excited for people to hear it. It’s a perfect time.”

The album was recorded and produced in London and Los Angeles with Cher’s longtime collaborator Mark Taylor, who previously produced Cher’s global hit single “Believe.”

Cher released a teaser video for the album’s first single, “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!,” Wednesday night.

Cher is scheduled to be awarded a Kennedy Center Honor on Dec. 2 in Washington D.C. She is also a co-producer of the “The Cher Show,” the upcoming Broadway musical opening on Dec. 3, and will be touring Australia and New Zealand in September. She is currently performing a residency at MGM Resorts in Las Vegas.

Check out the track list below:

1. Dancing Queen
  2. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
  3. The Name Of The Game
  4. SOS
  5. Waterloo
  6. Mamma Mia
  7. Chiquitita
  8. Fernando
  9. The Winner Takes It All
  10. One Of Us

Cher to release new album, ‘Dancing Queen,’ next month

Cher will release “Dancing Queen,” a new album of Abba covers, on Sept. 28, Warner Bros. Records announced on Thursday.

The singer and actress — who has won Oscar, Emmy, and Grammy Awards — was inspired to record the album following her performance in the recently-released hit film, “Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again,” according to the announcement.

“I’ve always liked Abba and saw the original ‘Mamma Mia’ musical on Broadway three times,” Cher said. “After filming ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again,’ I was reminded again of what great and timeless songs they wrote and started thinking ‘why not do an album of their music?’ The songs were harder to sing than I imagined but I’m so happy with how the music came out. I’m really excited for people to hear it. It’s a perfect time.”

The album was recorded and produced in London and Los Angeles with Cher’s longtime collaborator Mark Taylor, who previously produced Cher’s global hit single “Believe.”

Cher released a teaser video for the album’s first single, “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!,” Wednesday night.

Cher is scheduled to be awarded a Kennedy Center Honor on Dec. 2 in Washington D.C. She is also a co-producer of the “The Cher Show,” the upcoming Broadway musical opening on Dec. 3, and will be touring Australia and New Zealand in September. She is currently performing a residency at MGM Resorts in Las Vegas.

Check out the track list below:

1. Dancing Queen
  2. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
  3. The Name Of The Game
  4. SOS
  5. Waterloo
  6. Mamma Mia
  7. Chiquitita
  8. Fernando
  9. The Winner Takes It All
  10. One Of Us

I wonder if she'll go on tour to promote the album......oh.....wait......her farewell tour was in 2002 :rolleyes:;)........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Proof:_The_Farewell_Tour

I was thrilled to attend the Dressed to Kill tour in DC in April 2014.

At one point, cher is suspended in a life-size bird cage that floated out over the audience as she sang "I Hope You Find It".

It was an amazing show!

Edited by Hoover42

Disregarding "Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again" - you all know how I feel about that "Cher vehicle" - I am really looking forward to the album.

The irony is that Cher made a cameo appearance in ABBA's 2004 video ('The Last Video') which was made to commemorate the 30th anniversary of their winning the Eurovision song contest. I'd never seen that video before somebody posted it here, but since Cher was in it, I figured it was something new, to promote the movie. I guess she's always been a fan of theirs.

The irony is that Cher made a cameo appearance in ABBA's 2004 video ('The Last Video') which was made to commemorate the 30th anniversary of their winning the Eurovision song contest. I'd never seen that video before somebody posted it here, but since Cher was in it, I figured it was something new, to promote the movie. I guess she's always been a fan of theirs.

The bitch has always had taste (well, except for that Sonny debacle).

Wanna rethink that one?

Cher_and_Greg_Allman_-_1975.jpg

He had personal issues, but they made one hell of an album together billed as Allman and Woman titled Two The Hard Way. It was largely panned by critics and not well received by the public in general, but it's one of my favorite albums Cher has done.