411 on AlexMasonXXX

Beancounter
This topic is 2936 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info. I've spent a lot of time in the Kansas City area and it's spread out much like Dallas. Metro areas are hard to define sometimes and not a big deal for me if he's in Kansas across the state line. Appreciate the heads up though.

Kansas City is a nice place ( my hometown ) and is definitely not impossible to get to, but I did move away for good reason. Granted the airport is pure crap and the mayor just rejected the idea of a new airport. The cassette tape that plays at baggage claim is circa 1960s and the TSA contractors throw hissy fits if you bring more than 2 books with you in your carry-on.

I hadn't heard the mayor rejected the idea of a new airport. That place is pure crap. Can you imagine the asbestos containment cost when they eventually take that place down!?!

I've been to some of the lake areas of Missouri in Spring/Summer and they are very nice. The winters in Missouri/Kansas can be brutal.

sorry to continue the off-topic chat, but, a bit of an aviation nut here (and my airline captain father used to fly out of MKC and then MCI when it was built).....MCI, believe it or not, is among the "newer" airports in the country, at least as far as newly-constructed from raw land (as opposed to remodeled existing terminals)....built in the early 1970s, right at the start of any kind of "security" at all, it was trend-setting for its "drive to your gate" concept.....unfortunately, security became even tighter and new partitions, built to funnel people thru the increased security, now exist that eliminate any semblance of that appealing concept.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_International_Airport

It has consistently ranked in the top-five airports in the North America Airport Satisfaction Study by J. D. Power and Associates. In February 2010 the airport was the highest-rated medium-sized airport receiving five stars in all categories.[4] In February 2008, U.S. News & World Report ranked the airport the "third least miserable airport" in the U.S., based on the 47 busiest airports in the country.[5]

I love MCI. Short walks and short TSA lines. Parking is easy. Could use more seats in gate areas but it is a much better airport than most of the big ones. Yes, it does not have the shopping center stores like some airports but I go to airports to fly and not shop.

My favorite airport is John Wayne in Orange County, Ca. Similar to MCI but straight instead of curved. Like ease for rental car usage in garage across the street. Very easy to use and very efficient. Like MCI, could use more seats in gate areas.

If you haven't yet, you need to see the scene between Alex and Rocco Steele. Just be careful. Your TV (or Monitor) may melt.

here's a two-minute preview.....that short time should keep your computer from blowing up!

http://www.gaydemon.com/gallery/rocco_steele_and_alex_mason_at_bareback_that_hole_71214.html

careful if you go googling around for the full scene....did get a virus alert from one site I clicked on

LAX has made the top of the hated list ever since that one TSA agent was arguing that Texas wasn't a state ( they ain't all that bright ).

ATL is also up there for the laziest TSA employees.

Seriously, he stopped you. Did he actually believe Texas wasn't a state?:confused:

Gman

the TSA contractors throw hissy fits if you bring more than 2 books with you in your carry-on.

Really? What if they have pictures?

Reminds me of an old joke, "I got arrested once for smuggling books into Kentucky. I got off on a technicality, nobody in Kentucky could prove they were books."

Seriously, he stopped you. Did he actually believe Texas wasn't a state?:confused:

Gman

Being a native Texan, I understand. My fellow Texans, native and adopted, can be very arrogant----and stupid! The image of the stereotypical arrogant Texas is alive and well in many other parts of the USA and the world in general. And the actions of Texas elected officials tend to confirm!!

Being a native Texan, I understand. My fellow Texans, native and adopted, can be very arrogant----and stupid! The image of the stereotypical arrogant Texas is alive and well in many other parts of the USA and the world in general. And the actions of Texas elected officials tend to confirm!!

Unfortunately those are our crosses to bear. I personally consider Abbott (gov), Patrick (lt. gov), and Paxton (attorney general under indictment for security violations) to be an evil troika.

Gman

Archived