Another In My Continuing Series Of Recipe Posts-Quick And Easy Omelettes!!

Gar1eth
This topic is 2955 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This is interesting. But I'm wondering about the bag. I just looked up boiling things in regular/freezer bags a week or so ago. There are warnings about using regular/freezer bags in boiling water as they can melt or maybe release chemicals.

In this second video, the Aussie Presenter has a neat additional trick for cooking the omelettes.

Gman

PS @mike carey,@Marlfox, and @westernsyd -is the term 'Aussie' offensive? If it is, I want to apologize and won't use it again.

I do appreciate your sensitivity and asking.

And to reciprocate -I don't mind the idea of 'Yank'. But as a native born-although 'city-fied' and not country-Texan, we associate that term with 'Yankee' which most of us aren't happy about being called.

Gman

And to reciprocate -I don't mind the idea of 'Yank'. But as a native born-although 'city-fied' and not country-Texan, we associate that term with 'Yankee' which most of us aren't happy about being called.

Gman

I know enough about American history to know that the Yankees lived above the Dixon Mason line, and there was a civil war over issues between the Yankees and the Confederate states.

I normally use the term Americans, Yank does not seem to be part of my vocab...

I like poached eggs, I can't make poached eggs. So I took plastic wrap, place into a large custard cup, sprayed with Pam spray and cracked an egg into the plastic wrap lined cup. I then gathered up the 4 corners of the wrap, place it on a wooden spoon the same way as in the above video and suspended the whole thing into simmering water. Perfect shaped poached egg all set for the top of some good corned beef hash. Yum.

The nice thing about making an omelette in a plastic bag is that once it's cooked it's easy to throw the whole vile mess away. No muss, no fuss.

Unfortunately I was raised to depression-era parents. My second thought, after the ham debacle, was that it would be a pain to wash those Ziploc bags.

I think I'll stick to the traditional method. I suspect it would take longer to boil the water than to just cook the eggs in a pan. Maybe if I had a restaurant grade stove it would be different. :)

Traditional for me as well. My nonstick Scanpan cleans up easier that a pot of boiling water! Plus, I almost always put my (unfolded) omelette under the oven broiler for a bit, warms all the ingredients, finishes cooking the eggs. Take it out, fold it over and serve. One of my favorite really quick dinners!

Boiling would be a good method for making multiple omelettes plus would be a fun thing for children. And heck, being a child at heart and not caring overly much about BPA (I'm not reproducing and my hormones are probably already disrupted), I think I am going to try this myself.

Gman

Archived