Peyton Manning placed his "naked butt and rectum... on my face."

marylander1940
This topic is 3049 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Business Insider read the documents, in which Naughright described an incident in which she was examining Manning for a possible stress fracture in his foot, when he "intentionally and in order to disrespect Dr. Naughright, placed his '...naked butt and rectum...' on her face."

Here is how Dr. Naughtright described the incident:

Q. Let me be very clear there. It was not just his behind, his rear end, that was on your face, but his genitalia was on your face?

A. That's correct. It was the. gluteous maximus, the rectum, the testicles. and the area in between the testicles. And all that was on my face when I pushed him up and off. And it was like this and as I pushed him up to get leverage. I took my head out to push him up and off.

Q. And what, if' anything, did Mr. Manning — withdrawn. Did you say anything or scream or as you felt this on the top of your head?

A. I pushed him off of me and I said, "You're an ass."

Q. Did you yell or scream or anything like that?

A. When he turned around and looked at me with the anger in his eyes that I saw, I did not want to get confrontational with him. I could see that anger and when I looked at [another student-athlete, Malcolm] Saxon he was just shocked. He had his mouth wide open and he was in shock. In disbelief.

Q. What did Mr. Manning say, if anything, to you after you told him he was an ass?

A. He had anger and he smirked and he laughed.

Naughright reported the incident to the Sexual Assault Crisis Center in Knoxville "within hours" of the incident.

According to the document, there was a previous incident between the two in 1994, during Manning's freshman year, "which will not only explain the genesis for Peyton Manning's dislike for Dr. Naughright but will be relevant to understanding the 1996 incident."

Naughright also detailed allegations of intimidation, including two incidents in which she claims that Manning saw her in the locker room and then proceeded to pull his pants down and sit on another athlete's face in what was described by the documents as "reenactments" if the alleged assault.

Where do I sign up?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/leaked-documents-shed-light-sexual-223300331.html

One more thing... sexual harassment or any kind of harassment at the work place is not a joke but this whole thing it's funny.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let see, an incident which occurred more than 20 years ago is now news because....?

Having read the description, it seems the only way her face could have been covered was if she had her head between his legs to begin and when examining a foot, it seem that would not be a position one would take. I also question why one would be examining a man's foot while he is totally disrobed. Even saying that the incident did occur, it is old news to the parties involved and does not seem to be a sexual assault, it seems it is a rather tasteless juvenile expression of disdain by a teen who felt he was entitled to act that way and who had football talent, which allowed him to get away with it.

Even saying that the incident did occur, it is old news to the parties involved and does not seem to be a sexual assault, it seems it is a rather tasteless juvenile expression of disdain by a teen who felt he was entitled to act that way and who had football talent, which allowed him to get away with it.

Sorry, I disagree. It's called sexual harassment and he's lucky she didn't put her hand out and twist. Although maybe my reaction would have been laughter at thinking that would intimidate me.

I'm fairly sure the third person she mentioned corroborated her story. The university penalized him, although not particularly harshly, and universities are notorious for doing their best not to investigate or to find vaunted athletes guilty of anything. (Like the FSU quarterback who wasn't even investigated until the season was over.) In fact, some university sports programs more or less openly hire women to incentivize their athletes even though that is hella against NCAA (and other) rules.

It was newsworthy before the Super Bowl because it might affect which team one roots for. It took me from rooting for the team from my father's hometown to not caring that much one way or another. Just like Anita Hill's accusations (which I believed because they hurt her rather than helped her) and his embrace of originalism would have led me to vote against Clarence Thomas' confirmation as a Supreme Court justice.

There's a lot to this story. Manning and Dr. Naughtright agreed to mutual nondisclosure. The Manning family broke that agreement and posted an account defaming Dr. Naughtright. Manning was again successfully sued, though he's still making money off a book containing this account. This doctor has had ample opportunity to go public in either a truthful or sensational way in order to profit or take revenge, but she hasn't.

Some say that this report is biased. It does contain copies of leaked documents corroborating critical points.

The argument that the story is 20 years old doesn't hold water. It's news because it's news. The Mannings should have quit while they were ahead.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-peyton-manning-squeaky-clean-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395

There's a lot to this story. Manning and Dr. Naughtright agreed to mutual nondisclosure. The Manning family broke that agreement and posted an account defaming Dr. Naughtright. Manning was again successfully sued, though he's still making money off a book containing this account. This doctor has had ample opportunity to go public in either a truthful or sensational way in order to profit or take revenge, but she hasn't.

Some say that this report is biased. It does contain copies of leaked documents corroborating critical points.

The argument that the story is 20 years old doesn't hold water. It's news because it's news. The Mannings should have quit while they were ahead.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-peyton-manning-squeaky-clean-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395

There is not much newsworthy about a 22 year old incident. It certainly isn't new. And is was written about in a book 15 years old. If this were about Brett Favre, who is a retired quarterback but still in the public eye, there would be no article. On a slow news day, is it necessary to bring up a salacious story from 20 years ago, which, when all is said and done is he said, she said with the she said seemingly the more plausible.

There is not much newsworthy about a 22 year old incident. It certainly isn't new. And is was written about in a book 15 years old. If this were about Brett Favre, who is a retired quarterback but still in the public eye, there would be no article. On a slow news day, is it necessary to bring up a salacious story from 20 years ago, which, when all is said and done is he said, she said with the she said seemingly the more plausible.

To me, the newsworthy part of the story is not salacious; it's everything that happened afterward, which appears to be very well-documented.

To me, the newsworthy part of the story is not salacious; it's everything that happened afterward, which appears to be very well-documented.

Exactly. The constant lies to make Peyton look blameless. And then violating the non-disclosure agreement. The impact on her career has not been insignificant.

I'm with purple kow here. Yes was not just a prank. Yes it was serious. But come on folks! Why are we reading about this now? And yes, age is never an excuse. But if I was now held responsible for all the stupid stuff I did when I was 20 years old..........

I'm with purple kow here. Yes was not just a prank. Yes it was serious. But come on folks! Why are we reading about this now? And yes, age is never an excuse. But if I was now held responsible for all the stupid stuff I did when I was 20 years old..........

besides when I started reading I thought she was raped by him, harassed by all the girls in the school (because they didn't want to be called prudes and excluded by the guys) or something more serious... Football players rape women in school and they're always protected because they're the money makers. Let's talk about something more serious, how many girls have been raped in the military and schools since this came out?

The news story is in the family's and the school administration's effort to white wash it, and especially in Manning and his family's decision to violate the confidentiality agreement years later. It's also in the second defamatory layer of lies manufactured to create spin for their book. No, we're not talking about the inappropriate acts of a 20 year old. It's a bit unfortunate that Marylander led the post with only the most prurient of details.

I'm sure that for most this issue will play like the great red Starbucks cup debate, where folks seize on a single point and try to make it the most relevant.

The entire article is worth a read. Soundbite debates are a waste of time.

But do you keep bringing up the stupid stuff you did twenty years ago and try to justify it even though you agreed not to discuss it -- an agreement usually made to keep the wronged party from talking?

When I posted above, I didn't remember that Manning had written about it after a settlement and nondisclosure agreement. Way to go to not live up to the terms of a deal his representatives offered. That is the bigger issue here. And while we may not know everything about why Manning did what he did, that he did it is not disputed. It was not just a matter of "he said, she said."

The use of the word 'rectum' confuses me. One's rectum is internal so you can hardly wave it around and touch other people with it, any more than you can with your oesophagus. That doesn't invalidate the complaint but it makes it passing strange.

I had the same doubt.

Rectum means direct or straight in Latin, I guess she was too traumatized to watch her words or as a straight woman she didn't know the term butthole or rosebud.

At any case my offer as a good citizen to play her part on a reenactment of the event with Peyton Manning (and not someone else playing him) is still on...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectum

Anatomy_of_human_rectum_and_anus-2.png

The news story is in the family's and the school administration's effort to white wash it, and especially in Manning and his family's decision to violate the confidentiality agreement years later.

Always, the cover up is worse than the incident. And the Manning family acted like many rich and powerful families act to protect one of their own. I still love those people though, their goofy looks and southern "charm." I don't know why. Blind and uneducated I suppose I remain.

Always, the cover up is worse than the incident. And the Manning family acted like many rich and powerful families act to protect one of their own. I still love those people though, their goofy looks and southern "charm." I don't know why. Blind and uneducated I suppose I remain.

"Love the sinner; hate the sin."

Archived