What's cookin'?

amused1
This topic is 3083 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So, the arctic vortex has arrived and I, luckily, had the day off. Sooo, it was laundry, cooking and cleaning day. Since laundry and cleaning are pretty boring I'm sharing today's cooking:

2 loaves of oatmeal bread. A pan of bean, rice and cheese enchiladas and a colcannon topped cottage pie.

What's cookin' in your world?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pork chops with applesauce .....

Hugs,

Greg

I'll be cooking some thawed pork chops tonight, too. Applesauce will be dessert, though.

Tonight I'll also be searing be the leg of some animal, to put in the slow cooker early tomorrow.

Tomorrow I must use up a couple of butternut squashes I found cheap, to make soup for my lunches. (Any suggestions besides the usual flavor additions: red pepper, curry, or cumin?)

Tomorrow also might be the day I finally give homemade flour tortillas a try.

(Cooking for me is a multi-day endeavor...)

Taco Bell on the way home from the gym.....don't worry!....I'll order from the "fresco" menu:

http://rollingout.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/taco_bell-al-fresco-menu1-650x318.jpg?35eca3

Amused1 said "cooking", not "buzzing by the local fast food to see what hot high schoolers are working behind the counter...." :)

I'll be cooking some thawed pork chops tonight, too. Applesauce will be dessert, though.

Tonight I'll also be searing be the leg of some animal, to put in the slow cooker early tomorrow.

Tomorrow I must use up a couple of butternut squashes I found cheap, to make soup for my lunches. (Any suggestions besides the usual flavor additions: red pepper, curry, or cumin?)

Tomorrow also might be the day I finally give homemade flour tortillas a try.

(Cooking for me is a multi-day endeavor...)

Maybe cinnamon for the squash? I was instructed to get low sugar applesauce since the Hungarian is diabetic. I don't do fake sugar and rarely do low sugar. This is going to be a battle.

Hugs,

Greg

Grilled chicken and brown rice with a simple spinach salad with 'lite' Balsamic Vinaigrette...but...Taco Bell sounds sooooo much better.

Taco Bell on the way home from the gym.....don't worry!....I'll order from the "fresco" menu:

http://rollingout.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/taco_bell-al-fresco-menu1-650x318.jpg?35eca3

So, the arctic vortex has arrived and I, luckily, had the day off. Sooo, it was laundry, cooking and cleaning day. Since laundry and cleaning are pretty boring I'm sharing today's cooking:

2 loaves of oatmeal bread. A pan of bean, rice and cheese enchiladas and a colcannon topped cottage pie.

What's cookin' in your world?

Defrosting the turkey breast I made for Thanksgiving. I have yams with cinnamon, cranberry sauce and a nice green salad. A bit of antipasta without the pasta, mozzarella melted on a rice cake with sliced tomato. For dessert, rice cake with peanut butter, banana and a dollop of whipped cream.

I wanna come over and eat at your place! We could be fungi together! o_O

TR - you have a very special night cumming up, I wouldn't want you to spoil it!

I almost chimed in on your gift selection to mention about Sprinkles, but you sounded like you had it all covered!

I wish you Buon Appetite.

ps: The chicken and the sauce has been simmering all day and I am having a lot of trouble keeping my hands (and my mouth) off of it!

Chicken cacciatore. Linguini on the side with olive oil, garlic and parsley.

For desert I think I will have a cupcake (chocolate marshmallow) from Sprinkles!

I wanna come over and eat at your place! We could be fungi together! o_O

I'm with TR, I would love to join in for dinner too. LOL. :p. Love Italian food.

Defrosting the turkey breast I made for Thanksgiving. I have yams with cinnamon, cranberry sauce and a nice green salad. A bit of antipasta without the pasta, mozzarella melted on a rice cake with sliced tomato. For dessert, rice cake with peanut butter, banana and a dollop of whipped cream.

People still eat rice cakes? :eek:

Hugs,

Greg

Squash soup, yum. Some choppered apple is always nice with squash especially if you are going with cumin and/or curey. Apple sauce works well too. For savory, I'd go with roasted diced squash, cheddar cheese with thyme and pepper in chicken or veg broth. Blended white beans can make it nice and creamy. :)

Pork chops with applesauce and brocooflower with feta cheese and a white wine. Not sure about dessert, prob grab a cheesecake or some kinda cake.

Hugs,

Greg

For the Hungarian you might consider roasted apples with the pork. They have more fibre and roasting intensifies the sweetness without adding sugar.

Archived