"Last longer go vegan", Peta's Super bowl censored ad.

marylander1940
This topic is 1833 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PETA only chooses projects that they protest to get publicity and to raise money. But here's one example they ignore because it interferes with the left wing agenda of their cohorts. These giant solar mirror facilities that cover acres and acres of land. They produce massive amount of heat........ and they kill thousands and thousands of birds... these birds get caught in heat drafts and burn to death..... and PETA. is silent.

Edited by jackjackjack

This is a completely inappropriate commercial. The only reason Peta did it was so NBC would ban it with the hopes it would go viral....

They wanted publicity and they got it.

PETA gets Superbowl ads "censored" every year. Everyone loves banned ads on YT..

Here's one from a few years ago.

one more thing:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/1af86a5f468bb9be10e1f088f9e1c727/tumblr_inline_nsimcr6OVv1txmxcl_500.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pwMfVID.png

http://api.ning.com/files/1dG-J6UeduDU7jUwAy310ikCtKMswvJy4AbIJnw8yQKhC3alDQ*Ld2QrqpnIxC6afByun47FshV4ZJ7fBtgxzuzVvSLuQSOM/dopeoplebecamevegetarianbecausetheyloveanimalsorjustbecausetheyhateplantsfb523.jpg

http://wanna-joke.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/wanna-joke-vegan-club.jpg

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/funny-vegan-jokes.jpg

Edited by marylander1940

• 2 years later...

I used to be more sympathetic to Greenpeace and PETA than I am now. I can't get worked up about dumping paint on fur coats, but shaming people for eating meat is no better than body-shaming or looks-shaming.

On the other hand, I have no quarrel with pointing out the health and energy consumption advantages of eating vegan or vegetarian. But to hector everyone about meat consumption because it's harder on the environment ignores other factors and denies people personal autonomy and the ability to make their own choices.

About a year ago I was having dinner with a doctor friend and she listed many of the same items from this list as well. She also listed the problems associated with a gluten free diet. Unless one actually has celiac disease there’s no logical reason to be on a gluten free diet. She views both vegan and non-celiac gluten free diets as cultural fads.

I do not support PETA. To me, they rank up there with Greenpeace, another organization I cannot and will not support.

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

When I wear my T-shirt with that on they get riled up, especially at the racetrack.

When I mention friends of mine whose restaurants were graffitied and vandalized with “meat is murder” and inflicting thousands$ in damages they flip me off.

I used to be more sympathetic to Greenpeace and PETA than I am now. I can't get worked up about dumping paint on fur coats, but shaming people for eating meat is no better than body-shaming or looks-shaming....

IMO, many of Greenpeace's tactics amount to ecoterrorism.

About a year ago I was having dinner with a doctor friend and she listed many of the same items from this list as well. She also listed the problems associated with a gluten free diet. Unless one actually has celiac disease there’s no logical reason to be on a gluten free diet. She views both vegan and non-celiac gluten free diets as cultural fads.

A few years ago I was at a party where many of the guests where self-described woo-woo Southern Californians who worked as "nutritional consultants" and natural healers. Many of the guests were vegan, including a woman I was talking to about diet and nutrition. I mentioned that I had problems digesting soy and dairy, which rules out many vegan and vegetarian foods, and she said "OMG - don't ever let someone talk you into becoming vegan or vegetarian. The diet will kill you." She then proceeded to call over her massage therapist/nutritional consultant boyfriend and introduced me as "[my name] - he's a chicken and brown rice person." He and I talked for at least a half hour about foods that I could and could not eat. He also admonished me against a vegan or vegetarian diet as well as eating too much red meat.

Many of the guests were vegan, including a woman I was talking to about diet and nutrition. I mentioned that I had problems digesting soy and dairy, which rules out many vegan and vegetarian foods, and she said "OMG - don't ever let someone talk you into becoming vegan or vegetarian. The diet will kill you."

Maybe my carnivorous diet is clouding my brain, but I don't follow... you were talking to a vegan and she said "OMG - don't ever let someone talk you into becoming vegan or vegetarian. The diet will kill you." ?

What was her name? Sylvia Plath?

On the other hand, I have no quarrel with pointing out the health and energy consumption advantages of eating vegan or vegetarian. But to hector everyone about meat consumption because it's harder on the environment ignores other factors and denies people personal autonomy and the ability to make their own choices.

I agree. I support trying to make foods which are cruelty-free, but veganism goes to the point of irrationality. I make sure to buy chicken and eggs from chickens which are pasture-raised and certified by the American Humane Society. I also buy milk from pasture-raised cows. These animals have lives which are at least as stress-free as they would have if they were living in the wild--almost certainly more stress-free. The whole notion that wild animals live stress-free lives, living like they were in a Disney cartoon, is childish and preposterous. Wild animals are constantly facing hunger, disease, injury, predation, fights, temperature extremes, and other discomforts. Their deaths are seldom easy, either.

I agree. I support trying to make foods which are cruelty-free, but veganism goes to the point of irrationality. I make sure to buy chicken and eggs from chickens which are pasture-raised and certified by the American Humane Society. I also buy milk from pasture-raised cows. These animals have lives which are at least as stress-free as they would have if they were living in the wild--almost certainly more stress-free. The whole notion that wild animals live stress-free lives, living like they were in a Disney cartoon, is childish and preposterous. Wild animals are constantly facing hunger, disease, injury, predation, fights, temperature extremes, and other discomforts. Their deaths are seldom easy, either.

Animals raised for food are hardly the same as wild animals, though, and since we are depending on them for nutrition treating them well only seems fair, though I have to admit that I am more picky (possibly because I'm more able to be) about beef and lamb. When I can, I buy grass-fed beef (usually Australian) (Not that I buy beef that often.)

I probably could become a vegetarian if someone cooked the food for me (in my estimation you have to be a somewhat good and creative cook to get it right). But as many of you know I just don't think I could in all honesty give this up totally:

http://36.media.tumblr.com/c71897ed067d57d0f9ae55cbe0eea57a/tumblr_nx16qzGj8p1s1di4zo1_1280.jpg