Town rejects solar farm worried it will suck up all the energy from the sun

ChrisWydeman
This topic is 2105 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is... is this real? really? Oh my god.. *shakes head*

I think its time we let natural selection take its course.. and let nature start to weed out these kinds of people. or stop saving them when they make toast while soaking in the bathtub. really.. geeze. Idiocracy is coming people!

not to mention in liquid form! my god! I heard even a relatively small amount if inhaled could kill you! it needs to be banned!

This does remind me of some news articles I read way back when. A southern town was on a ban all the books crusade. the school librarian went in to defend the books, they kept overriding her, so she said I found a book in the library. it contains mass slaughter, rape, incest. the town council went ape shit, started screaming that the book needed to be banned right now! how dare the school allow such a horrid sinful thing to be introduced to the children. Without even knowing the name or title of the book they banned it. While they were congratulating themselves the librarian said I have the book right here, tossed it on the table. It was a Bible. They banned the Bible.

Another article was you guessed it, southern city was on a ban crusade. teacher walked in, started talking about a horrible substance that that was deadly to human life. It was caustic in gaseous form, it is so caustic it can corrode metals, just think what it would do to the human body and highly flammable and explosive if it combines with other chemicals. It is highly addictive with no cure.

The city council banned it.

From the first article posted, it sounds like "sucking up all the energy from the sun" is a clumsy way of expressing concern about glare from the the solar panels and the possible increase in UV radiat'n resulting from that.

I'm no optics expert, but complaints about glare from neighbors' solar panels are pretty common in some neighborhoods. If anyone wishes to debunk this concern, I'm happy to listen.

Edited by FreshFluff

From the first article posted, it sounds like "sucking up all the energy from the sun" is a clumsy way of expressing concern about glare from the the solar panels and the possible increase in UV radiat'n resulting from that.

I'm no optics expert, but complaints about glare from neighbors' solar panels are pretty common in some neighborhoods. If anyone wishes to debunk this concern, I'm happy to listen.

There were other legitimate concerns expressed, as explained in the Snopes article Kurtis Wolfe linked to.